Back up camera / backup sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gentlemen
I took the truck to the dealership yesterday morning. They determined that I did in fact have someone else's bumper hanging on my truck. Someone from Ford was coming out to look at it. They are also giving it a thoriough inspection to see if any other incorrect parts are installed. They are having a Raptor bumper overnighted. The truck is locked up in the service department. I think they are a little embarased. They gave me a Lariet to drive. I told them that on top of the correct bumper I wanted a trailer brake controler ( the ony option I didn't get ), and the 2 parts needed to do the ambient lighting mod. I was gonna ask for the home link visor but the clip on Genie transmitter I got works fine. I'm sure I will also be getting some legal release to sign from Ford mentioning confidentiality. BUTT hey I ain't signed nothing yet. I may ask for a dozen free "the works" service packages before I sign. You guys definately helped me out on this one
Thanks a couple of thousands

Bender5

It would be cool if they gave you free stuff but I wouldn't hold my breath. Mistakes happen and they're going to take care of it. I bought a (Chevy) truck once that had mismatched trim... chrome on one side and black chrome on the other.

(I didn't notice until I got home). :doh:

They simply asked me which I preferred and made sure all the trim matched... no confidentiality agreement... no hassles... I got a free loaner while they fixed it (saved me wear and tear on my truck and free gas for a couple of days!)

But it would be awesome if you got some freebies out of this!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got to the bottom of this mystery.

Of course theyr'e embarassed. Someone screwed up at the factory and they want to know how it happened. And they don't want you driving it with the incorrect bumper. Did you ever take any pictures? What color was the bumper?

Good for you asking for free stuff! Keep us posted on what you end up with.

Raptor bumpers are the only ones that are grey and that grey is only used on the Raptor so being that all the other F-150s are either black or chrome aside from the back sensors it would be very obvious that it's the wrong bumper. Also any other bumper would be to short the width add into the bedside isn't just at the wheel well its transferred through the whole bedside.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor bumpers are the only ones that are grey and that grey is only used on the Raptor so being that all the other F-150s are either black or chrome aside from the back sensors it would be very obvious that it's the wrong bumper. Also any other bumper would be to short the width add into the bedside isn't just at the wheel well its transferred through the whole bedside.

I was thiking the same thing about the length... so I wonder if the 2011 will indeed have both? Late arrival?

OP
OP
bender5

bender5

Reaction score
Picked up my truck today. The old bumper was black or dark grey as best I recall. It didn't have the nice bull rings that I now have. When I took it up there Monday morning they took it into the service department and I didn't see it again until this afternoon. I was told that the bumper that was on my truck Monday was a bumper for a platinum edition, and that it was either installed wrong at the factory or got switched some how. When I originally went to the local western PA dealer he had a 2010 that i really liked but it was black. I vowed never to get a black vehicle agian in my life. It is impossible to keep one clean or looking clean with all the snow we get. I said if it were Blue I would buy it on the spot. They came back with a blue unit located in Indiana somewhere and asked me if they could get it there in two days would I take it for the same price. I said yes and gave them $10,000 as a down payment. As for the goodies they gave me free "Works Packages" every 5000 miles and any parts I wanted for a year at cost.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
photo.jpg

07.jpg

I hate having to use Ebay to get pics. Anyway there is a huge noticeable difference. Some poor tech just paid for your bumper out of his check.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure there's a "huge noticeable difference" in those bumpers. They actually look very similar to me and it'd be interesting to compare them side-by-side in person. The corners look different but given the lighting conditions and different angles it's not easy to see.

KTM RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To tell you the truth.. The bumpers look pretty much the same! I agree with mtnDan.

When the trim piece ripped off on my rear bumper, they replaced it with a normal f-150 trim piece.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Except for the paint, tow hooks, and the back up sensors, it's hard to tell the two apart.

Nice score on the perks! Your dealer sounds like one of the good ones. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bender5

bender5

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I am glad to put this to rest and get on with the interior mods. I wanted to order Rigid duallys before the snow got to intense but Rigid says they are backed up 3 or 4 weeks so I'll wait until the spring time.
Thanks again for all of youir assistance.