GEN 1 B&M Dipstick mounting mod and review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
Does the PA dipstick tube come with a bracket that positions it off the firewall or is it like the B&M bracket? Also, it would be cool if you could post a picture of the end of the PA dipstick. I'd like to compare the two

The bracket is angled so that the dipstick handle is facing forward, away from the overhang.

DSC09141.JPG

ezndo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9878143F-DB59-482D-B335-4408BCC075DD.jpeg
You’re correct about that lip. I had to mount mine at an angle to avoid hitting it when the dipstick is removed, which is not ideal. I like your bracket better, but I went with this to avoid my headers.

The instructions for the B&M dipstick also have you mount the tube to the firewall. The ground screw you mention can be seen in the picture below; There is a plastic lip on the top of the firewall which I felt would limit access to the tube though. I chose to mount it in the way I did to make it easier add transmission fluid through the tube.