attn lighting manufacturers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dont want anyone stealing my idea. gotta have a prototype built first.

No, a prototype won't protect you from someone stealing your idea. For that you will need a patent. No patent, and anybody can copy your product. Even a patented idea can be pirated, actually. The inventer of the quick-bleeder for motorcycle forks has a patent on his design. Doesn't matter, several big aftermarket motorcycle firms have copied and marketed his idea. They're big, he's small. They can outspend him in court a thousand times over. There's nothing he can do. So the bottom line is that anybody can copy your idea under any circumstances, and unless you are willing and able to fight it out in court you're screwed.

So you might as well spill the beans now, because sooner or later you will have to spill the beans in order to do anything with your idea.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The light already exists and the Chinese are making it, so you are actually stealing from the Chinese, seems fair!

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is in China being copied already even with a patent....
Can't wait to see what ya got up your sleeve...

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Now the pressure is on don't disappoint us..... LOL

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy with my square D2's however if you don't like the square light NickPic83 has a really nice setup with two round lights in that opening. Its an OffRoad truck NOT an Aerodynamic car. Do the bumper lights need to be molded to the bumper?... No!

Last edited: