Anyone running Magnaflow cat back with resonator delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I'm with yah on that one!

When I traded my 11 scab for this 14 screw the previous owner deleted the muffler so I know what your talking about on cold starts!

I'm looking for something in between the no muffler and this magnaflow system. So guess Ill try the res delete and see how it sounds.

More than anything this rusted resonator is damn fugly connected to the magnaflow system!

so what I did is cut the resonator off and welded a piece of the old exhaust pipe on where the resonator was. I liked the system much more after that. it was just right and it was free.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what I did is cut the resonator off and welded a piece of the old exhaust pipe on where the resonator was. I liked the system much more after that. it was just right and it was free.

Cool so how much louder would you say it was after the res delete?

One thing I never learned was how to weld:( I can split engine cases, time cams etc but never learned to weld. I should take a class and figure that shit out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
go buy a cheap 110 welder and start welding stuff together!! I started with a hobart 140 and really liked it. I recently sold that and bought a klutch 220 multi process welder mig,tig and stick welder. Its really nice and can handle any home job really cheap but works ok for what your paying for. Id like to sell that and buy the new esab rebble which is the same type of welder as the klutch but just better quality and more money. lol let me know if your intrested in the klutch I might make you a grea deal. Like I said it wasnt overly loud but I could hear it. There is some drone but not that bad. Just turn the music up!!!! I have never had an aftermarket exhaust that didnt have some drone. Also the exhaust will get a bit louder with some time as it breaks in.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the tips and will look into welding. Would have come in handy so many times it's pathetic!

I bet the drone is not any worse then no muffler. If it is I'll put the resonator back on or make a helmholtz with your welder:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk