anyone make a roof light rack like this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its like a flashlight sideways on glass it reflects... Back them from the windshield so it does not light directly on the glass then your fine... That's why led are so popular, 1/2 the voltage to get twice the light output... So where you have 6 100 watt bulbs draw 44 amps 600 divided by 13.9 = 43.156 or 44 amps you round up.... In the electrical system 44 amps is a lot of power to draw for any length of time... And this is just your overhead, add head lights, tail lights, misc, inside lights, radio, GPS, A/C or heater, and you will quickly overwhelm the alternator.... Just a suggestion...

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

We should have a meet at prairie city for night time to do some light testing... lol...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I do like this setup, but as stated above the amp draw compared to LEDs is a downside, plus if I had that on my truck, I'd be SOL trying to get into my garage, so it's a no-go anyway.

OP
OP
tbone

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know tires and bumpstops but this light setup is just the coolest setup for lights in my mind

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its like a flashlight sideways on glass it reflects... Back them from the windshield so it does not light directly on the glass then your fine... That's why led are so popular, 1/2 the voltage to get twice the light output... So where you have 6 100 watt bulbs draw 44 amps 600 divided by 13.9 = 43.156 or 44 amps you round up.... In the electrical system 44 amps is a lot of power to draw for any length of time... And this is just your overhead, add head lights, tail lights, misc, inside lights, radio, GPS, A/C or heater, and you will quickly overwhelm the alternator.... Just a suggestion...

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

We should have a meet at prairie city for night time to do some light testing... lol...

But the old KC style 100w halogens they are old school and IMO are a thing of the past. HID put out more light and use 1/3 the power. Only downside to HID is the warm up time which is getting shorter and shorter as technology gets better. Plus right now until the manufacturing side catches up HIDs are cheaper than LEDs, but the gap is closing.

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A) you don't have to worry about glare on your hood -- that's why they charge $900 for the matte black.

B) seems like HID's are right for up top -- they'll do a lot more for you, distance-wise, than LED's, which are better on the bumper.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1390918610744.jpg

You could use a Carr light bar and mount it as far forward as you want. I run 4 6in piaas on it. It has room for 6.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk