Anyone Have Road Tires on Their Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is what ive been thinking, trade it even up for a z06 that gets literally double the mpg. I keep hurting myself so I gave up motocross and other high impact sports so I have absolutely zero use for it now and wont be moving anywhere where I can ever go off road with it so whats the point. Ugh

If I could go from 15mpg average to 18 with road tires and a tune id keep it for a while tho

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If' you're not using it and want to move it...The new C7 Corvette looks great and is getting all kinds of very positive press. Get one of those and sell your Raptor to someone who will use it in the dirt once in a while.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
If I didn't drive offroad a couple times a month I'd ditch the beast. If I'm lucky I get away with $600/month in gas. I work from home too! It's such a stupid vehicle to have but I can't help myself! If I were you I'd go snatch up a GT500!!!

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm lucky I get away with $600/month in gas. I work from home too!

My exact scenario, its not like I don't have other cars to drive. But the problem is they all get the same fuel economy. Raptor even with both cameras is next to impossible to part in any spaces even in a parking lot down here.

BUT, ever since the spy photos of it like 6yrs ago It has been right there with my 5 fav vehicles of ALL TIME.
Just sucks having something you cant/don't use.

I should be looking for a cheap run around car. But if I get one I wont drive it because I have something better to drive haha.

Last edited:

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Aren't the stock tires road tires? Sounds like you need to ship your Raptor to Texas and let us have some fun modding it. You know, with headers and supporting mods and 37s you get pretty good mileage...kinda.

But seriously, we came from the LSX market and any car with an LSX can put down crazy power and still get 20s MPG on the hwy.