Anyone change transmission oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should read my posts again, I think you skipped a few. I never called anybody ignorant, and I know that sometimes posts can be read out of context, but if you think regular oil changes are a waste of money you are the one that needs to "have a clue". It is not all opinion based, it is how engines work, maybe if/when one of your "VERY high end" cars sieze a piston, you might get a clue

Not going to get into a rant with you, but I indeed posted your exact quote the last time, so not sure how that was not interpreted as stated, as everyone who read it took it the same. Whatever, but to clarify further... NO WHERE DID I STATE NOT TO DO OIL CHANGES WITH REGULARITY. I stated anyone who does them more frequently, more than the OEM required amount or the OIL recommended numbers! You INDEED can change oil to frequently, with NO gain to motor longevity, therefore it is indeed a waste! Sure you won't do any damage, but with that logic you may as well brush your teeth ten times a day! Done with this post and thread... you can proceed to misinterpret if you wish.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having my trans fluid changed today @ 30k

Please let us know how your transmission oil looks. I think that would be a good indicator as to if you needed to do it or not. Transmissions take a lot of punishment and I'm curious how the six-speed tranny his holding up. Better to do it too often than not enough IMHO.