Amps??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate bugging the suppliers so I'll ask here..(I'm in business and I do know taking their time is money).

How many amps do the various configurations use?? I'm looking at the fog lamps in the lower bumper holes and the small ones beside the lic plate. I would also be interested in the longer bars.

If you would, please post a photo of what you have and amps used for each.

I'm trying to figure out which switches I'd need to use. thanks in advance.
Sage

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't looked at specific brands yet. I wanted to see what's in use by others. It's something on the planning list and I'm looking at what I have available as far as the factory switches. I want to use the low amp switches first if possible and save the high amp for future projects but I have no idea what the amp loads are for the various lights I'm seeing on trucks.
Sage

Last edited:

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Depending on the Rigids, the Duallys pull 1 amp and the D2's pull just under 2 amps each light. Just give me a call for tech specs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Amps are going to vary depending on which light and which manufacturer. Many companies run their lights at different percentages.

Most companies advertise theoretical lumen ratings which are very innacurate and most of the time can not fully be achieved. Where as Baja Designs calculate the actual lumens.

There is many factors that affect a light then just numbers

If you ever have any questions about any light products we are more then happy to help
Thanks
Mike
BD

Last edited: