Airraid CAI question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't mean to "ThreadJack" but I just ordered my 2013 SCrew and want my CAI when the truck arrives, will this kit (401-272) drop right in the same as a '12 or are we still too early to tell?

Thanks,
Josh

Great question. I haven't heard anything about changes at this level. I would ping Airaid for an answer on this one. Since it only takes days to get the CAI, you will probably have plenty of time to order it once more info is known.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great question. I haven't heard anything about changes at this level. I would ping Airaid for an answer on this one. Since it only takes days to get the CAI, you will probably have plenty of time to order it once more info is known.

Yeah I was gonna wait a bit, just curious if anyone else has seen anything on the matter. Maybe David@AIRAID can chime in?
Thanks!
Josh

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have had this kit and design out since 2010, and have NEVER had any reported issues of the filter falling off, on or off-road.

NEVER? Well now we are talking RAPTORS!
AirRaid Solution: Keep cleaning it... Really???
Dirt to the intake should NEVER be something one worries about! If that is the best they can do, I'm probably just gonna switch to something more intelligently designed for extreme offroad punishment. Ideas?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have had this kit and design out since 2010, and have NEVER had any reported issues of the filter falling off, on or off-road.

NEVER? Well now we are talking RAPTORS!
AirRaid Solution: Keep cleaning it... Really???
Dirt to the intake should NEVER be something one worries about! If that is the best they can do, I'm probably just gonna switch to something more intelligently designed for extreme offroad punishment. Ideas?

You won't have any trouble with the factory intake.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not had any problems with the filter falling off. However, why take a chance. I'm looking for a rectangular piece of closed cell foam to place in the air box which will prevent the filter from sliding off. In the mean time I used a piece of pipe insulation cut snug enough so as not to slide around. This has stayed in place well under normal driving but, I don't think it would last while offroad. Also, in the picture you can see I added rubber molding to the front and right side to help keep water out.

I think these two mods are overkill but, I want to be safe, not sorry.

Attachments

• IMAG0420.jpg
    IMAG0420.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 26