AG Screw w/CF and Orange Accent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I picked up my beast on Friday. I ordered in July when the banks opened up. My dealership had two allocations, and I had put money down a year ago. He sold me the truck at $500 under MRSP. I got the AG Screw with: technology package (couldn't live without the adaptive cruise control after using it a lot on my wife's vehicle to take kids to their soccer games in Seattle), 802A luxury package, Carbon Fiber, Heated Steering Wheel, Tailgate Applique, Heated Rear Seats, and the Orange Interior Accent package. It was built on Nov 10th, 2016 (USMC birthday plus my beast's birthday which I took as a good omen). It was delivered on Fri Jan 6.

I wanted to hold off initially on pics and a post till I had some drive time in it to give accurate reflections. However, I know from living vicariously through some of you lucky dogs that already got your trucks how great checking out the pics is while waiting. Bear with me as it's my first time posting pics on here.

The first two are when I picked it up. Gary was asking in a few places what the orange accent interior package combined with the carbon fiber looked like. Therefore, the next three I try to show the difference.
1.) On the steering wheel you can see that the center marking on top of the steering wheel is orange instead of red.
2.) On the seats, the orange accent has gotten a lot of likes from guys at work I've shown.
3.) On the shifter, you can see the combination. It has the orange stitching, but the carbon fiber shifter. It's a great combination. It also replaces the orange honeycomb with the carbon fiber but all of the stitching is orange. I will try to get some more interior pics.

It's hard to make many judgements since I'm trying to take it easy on it for the first 500 miles/break in time. It's kind of the no fun mode. A few things I did notice:
- It drives very smooth on the highway. In normal mode, I can feel the shifting in the midrange as others have observed. I'm anxious to try out sport mode.
- The leather on the steering wheel and the center console is very plush. Much nicer than what I had on my 2011 platinum.
- The steering wheel heater works like an absolute charm. I'm glad I got it since I think it was only a $150 option or something like that.
- It must have idled a bunch when they installed updates and such because I got it with 11 miles on the truck. However, the MPG said 8 when I left the dealership. It has slowly gone up to now 13.9 and rising but because it's going up so slow, that's a dead giveaway that it had idled awhile. I won't be able to get a good accurate reading though for a month or two I'm guessing. For those who said their initial MPG was low, keep that in mind. Especially for those who had earlier (Oct or early Nov) builds.
- I love the AG color. It certainly is unique and difficult to capture accurately on camera.
- The Sync 3 is very responsive, especially compared to my old Sync in the platinum. Apple CarPlay works like a charm as well.
- My boys love the USB ports in the back of the truck to charge their electronics. Small things but really handy versus my old vehicle where the boys would hand their electronics forward to get some charge into them.

Because of my job in law enforcement, I installed Ford's OEM combo safe in the center console. It was a perfect fit. Next up this week is having the LineX bedliner sprayed in and a bed cover.

My oldest son is 16 and he is already clamoring to take our trucks out to the dunes:)

Attachments

• Front View.JPG
    Front View.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Side View.JPG
    Side View.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Steering Wheel.JPG
    Steering Wheel.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Shifter.JPG
    Shifter.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Orange Accent Seat.JPG
    Orange Accent Seat.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 146

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice truck. That would be my pick as well but with bead locks. Oxford White or AG one or the other. Glad to see you got CF with accents. Rare combo it seems. Congrats.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AG Screw

Nice truck! How do you like the AG & orange on the seats? I initially ordered that color, but after I saw the Shadow Black in person - I couldn't resist!

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
PAW RAPTOR

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. That would be my pick as well but with bead locks. Oxford White or AG one or the other. Glad to see you got CF with accents. Rare combo it seems. Congrats.

I worked the Glamis sand dunes, A7 Valley, and the dunes between Yuma and Calexico for almost a decade and never needed the bead locks (even airing my tires down to 8-15 lbs). However, I love the look of the bead locks. I be slightly jealous for those that got them and it might be an add in a year or so. My problem was with my better half and trying to justify more money with her :mwah1:

I love the color combo the CF w/accents. I've gotten lots of comments at work. My youngest son also loves the color orange so I did it also as a tip of the hat to him.