Adding Blue Cruise to MY21 with the prep package on Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just watched a video on YouTube of a guy with an F150 utilizing (perhaps Forscan but he didn't elaborate) to switch on Blue Cruise. Does anyone know if this will work for our Raptors? I'm not sure if it would be on the other f150 forum or a forscan forum but I'm def willing to risk my biscuit for Blue Cruise.. heading out to CO.. gonna have a "fun" stretch through Nebraska..

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a very bad idea. Ford purposely removed bluecruise from Raptor’s, and we’re not positive why, though rumor says the width is a problem. You will be running with no software updates or support, and Ford will have zero liability if something happens since you are using hardware that is not intended for use. Just stick with the lane centering and adaptive cruise, Bluecruise on my 21 KR is highly overrated.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Seems like a very bad idea. Ford purposely removed bluecruise from Raptor’s, and we’re not positive why, though rumor says the width is a problem. You will be running with no software updates or support, and Ford will have zero liability if something happens since you are using hardware that is not intended for use. Just stick with the lane centering and adaptive cruise, Bluecruise on my 21 KR is highly overrated.
^^^^
Exactly. Ford wouldn't have removed and refunded if it was safe to use Blue Cruise and simply enable! Lane keep assist and lane centering will have to suffice for you. Don't do it. Definately will void your warranty not to mention who knows how unsafe it is that Ford went to the trouble to remove and refund...

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh. Im doing it anyway. But I can appreciate the sentiment.. im hoping to just use it as I had always hoped to use it.. e.x. hundreds of miles of straight road and no other cars.. i.e. Nebraska.

Not looking for updates and support. Fords lane centering is hot garbage as it is so I'm not expecting my Tesla level of performance or even my Subaru. I just want to be able to chill out for 4 hours without needing to babysit the car on a stretch with no one else in sight.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone has figured out how to enable Bluecruise in Forscan or if that is even going to be an option. What you probably saw was someone updating all the modules in their truck with FDRS which enables Bluecruise on the Job1 F150s that have the necessary hardware

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone has figured out how to enable Bluecruise in Forscan or if that is even going to be an option. What you probably saw was someone updating all the modules in their truck with FDRS which enables Bluecruise on the Job1 F150s that have the necessary hardware
Possible. So maybe that's what I need to search for.. thanks brotha

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
^^^^
THIS.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eh. Im doing it anyway. But I can appreciate the sentiment.. im hoping to just use it as I had always hoped to use it.. e.x. hundreds of miles of straight road and no other cars.. i.e. Nebraska.

Not looking for updates and support. Fords lane centering is hot garbage as it is so I'm not expecting my Tesla level of performance or even my Subaru. I just want to be able to chill out for 4 hours without needing to babysit the car on a stretch with no one else in sight.
Good for you. Probably some lawyer at ford put the kibosh on it. Let us know how it goes.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am willing to be you won't get it to work, I have to believe since its subscription based Ford has to send an encrypted activation command wirelessly to turn it on. But if you do the only difference Ive read it has is that you'll be able to take your hands off the wheel. But now you'll need to keep your eyes on the road because of the sensors. Hope you get it to work. There is no way id try to do something they officially said they cant get to work. After spending millions to try to get it to work in the truck.. Then refunding us the money. GOOD LUCK not hurting someone, you or your family. Moronic if you ask me. maybe just fly then you can chill.

Dont do it.

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Based.