ADD Pro Bolt On REAR and accessing spare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread I realized I have no idea how to get the spare in and out. And my truck is stock.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL!

1 - Behind your rear passenger seat are tools that you will need. There is a release to fold down the back.
2 - You will need your key which is located on your remote
3 - use your key to unlock and remove the plastic covering in the rear bumper. It is above your rear license plate on the right
4 - assemble the 3 rods from the tool bag and make one long rod
5 - stick the long rod into the hole above the license plate. Please note, there is a white funnel that is hard to see but your rod must go into it.
6 - turn the rod counter clock wise and your spare will lower
7 - once the spare hits the ground, get under the truck and lift the tire enough to dislodge the plate
8 - and now your spare is free for you to use

I would practice the above on a sunny day and make sure you can do it as flats tend to happen at night or in bad weather.

BTW .. the spare is not balanced so you may want to balance it. Also, your spare does not have a TPMS.

I removed mine recently to balance it and detail it and check the pressure. It is good to remove it every 15 months or so and check to make sure all is well.

:)

After reading this thread I realized I have no idea how to get the spare in and out. And my truck is stock.

Last edited:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously. I’ve had my truck for less than a year, the manual is in the glovebox and I’ve driven it less than 1500 miles so far. It wouldn’t be all that hard to figure out when necessary. Never had a truck. Spare tires in a car are pretty straightforward and honestly I’ve got AAA too. It just hadn’t crossed my mind till I saw this conversation.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL!

1 - Behind your rear passenger seat are tools that you will need. There is a release to fold down the back.
2 - You will need your key which is located on your remote
3 - use your key to unlock and remove the plastic covering in the rear bumper. It is above your rear license plate on the right
4 - assemble the 3 rods from the tool bag and make one long rod
5 - stick the long rod into the hole above the license plate. Please note, there is white funnel that is hard to see but your rod must go into it.
6 - turn the rod counter clock wise and your spare will lower
7 - once the spare hits the ground, get under the truck and lift the tire enough to dislodge the plate
8 - and now your spare is free for you to use

I would practice the above on a sunny day and make sure you can do it as flats tend to happen at night or in bad weather.

BTW .. the spare is not balanced so you may want to balance it. Also, your spare does not have a TPMS.

I removed mine recently to balance it and detail it and check the pressure. It is good to remove it every 15 months or so and check to make sure all is well.

:)
Thanks. Maybe I’ll give it a try just to practice and check the air pressure.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of Raptor owners don't realize that the spare is not balanced so if you have to use it, don't drive it very fast as you will get a lot of vibration. Do yourself a favor and drop it and take it to shop and get it balanced. It will prob cost you $15 but it will save you one night if you have a flat a long way from home.

Thanks. Maybe I’ll give it a try just to practice and check the air pressure.