ADD Phantom Front Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these issues specific to just this phantom model or all ADD bumpers for the raptor gen 3?
All aftermarket bumpers. Changing the stock location for the ACC module to an uncalibrated position will create some issues no matter what. Doesnt matter if ACC works for now, it will go south on you eventually when it doesn't like what you did lol.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All aftermarket bumpers. Changing the stock location for the ACC module to an uncalibrated position will create some issues no matter what. Doesnt matter if ACC works for now, it will go south on you eventually when it doesn't like what you did lol.
I’ve turned my ACC completely off and my truck makes sure to tell me this each time I start it.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the left to right adjustment is critical. My sensor was pointed very slightly toward the passenger side, barely noticeable, and it did not work. After an adjustment it seems to work fine.

I also tried three different positions before settling closer to the center of the grille.IMG_3704.jpeg

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ADD phantom front bumper installed and had the adaptive cruise control relocated into the driver side grille. I removed the shutters on the driver side and relocated the motor responsible for activating and deactivating the shutters zip tied and secured behind the new bumper.

I have recently noticed since its gotten hotter, my remaining shutters now open and close more. With this, I have a relatively loud clunk coming from the front grille area. Just curious if anyone else experienced this and what they did to correct it? Not sure if th3 clunk is the existing shutters or the missing ones.

Thanks
The clunk that you're hearing is most likely the motor not seeing the full stop from the other half of the vent fins. This happened to me as well. Modify the ADD ACC bracket so that it is shorter and put the first two or three fins back in and you will be good to go. No more clunk and fins will function as normal. You need to have some fins on each side or none at all.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I would pass if I were you. Its not if but when you will have issues. I’m debating on putting my stock bumper back on. Paying $4,000 for issues on a brand new 2023 super truck was a mistake.
So a couple of vendors hopefully chime in here. But I was told that ADD updated the bracket for the 3rd generation raptor. @Nick@Apollo-Optics?

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a couple of vendors hopefully chime in here. But I was told that ADD updated the bracket for the 3rd generation raptor. @Nick@Apollo-Optics?
They did, supposedly. But still, the entire nanny system on these trucks is just so sensitive. And like I mentioned somewhere else, you can turn it all off but then the truck tells every time you start it or use the cruise that you turned it all off. Quite frustrating.