6R80 sudden transmission downshift powertrain control module programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m one of the guys who am too worried a fix will make it worse
I do recall reading all lead frames will eventually fail no matter what
2013 115k haven’t touched the fluid
Fordtechmakuloco says the 6r80 is a pretty reliable transmission, assuming you don't overheat the fluid and change it before the recommended intervals.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@V1ROTATE have you checked the Carfax on your 2012 to see if the reflash was ever done? I got lucky on my 2012 ecoboost SCREW; the local dealer actually sent a driver to my house, picked up the truck, and returned it the same day.

OP
OP
V1ROTATE

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@V1ROTATE have you checked the Carfax on your 2012 to see if the reflash was ever done? I got lucky on my 2012 ecoboost SCREW; the local dealer actually sent a driver to my house, picked up the truck, and returned it the same day.
I have. It still shows the recall not being complied with. I confirmed this with my local dealer

OP
OP
V1ROTATE

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Truck is in the shop at Homer Skelton Ford in Olive Branch, MS. They say they may have it a couple of weeks for the programming/lead frame and a couple of other small things I’d like looked at. They were very surprised another dealer would recommend against ford safety recalls, as was I.

OP
OP
V1ROTATE

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weeks for 30 min program? Hope they detail it.
I felt the same way. Unfortunately both dealers nearby do not offer appointments And it’s first come first served. I think they plan to replace the lead frame as well.
I have premium care on my truck and assumed this work will be covered, does anyone have experience with lead frame replacements under fords ESP?