6000 or 8000?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When they both were working it looked so nice. With that headlight out it looks like crap. I can't believe this kit is acting up already

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Ducati for helping me trouble shoot the headlight out. It wound up being a loose ground, now their back at full strength:peace:

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell yeah I was freaking out big time. I had a cheap ebay brand by Xentech before and they were just terrible. They would constantly flicker, turn on and off at random. So I asked Ducati what brand H.I.D. He would recommend seeing how I don't have the pockets for the projector headlights rite now. And he said the 9008/H13 :Morimoto Elite from The Retrofit Source. And they work great. No flickers and just a loose ground on my behalf. So you can see why I was freaking out when the headlight was out_ I thought my Raptor was cursed on rejecting H.I.D.s lol

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you guys want the best of the best HID Ballasts, UPGRADE to Denso (Toyota) OEM ballast. You might have to order the specialty ballasts if you don't have D2s bulbs. These are the same ballast that come in the Lexus LS400's and the warm up time is literally 2-3 seconds as in specs but to the eye, these buddies warm up almost instantly it seems!! They are brilliantly brighter than the 55watt ballasts I had compared to my 35watters. You can also order the in house boosted version that cranks out 100WATTS! I'm tired of buying the cheap HID ballasts from these Chinese "copied" companies.

35watt- http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=12811

Or the BAD ASS BOOSTED ones 100WATTS!!! - http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=12811

Hope this helps

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80GPS

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you guys want the best of the best hid ballasts, upgrade to denso (toyota) oem ballast. You might have to order the specialty ballasts if you don't have d2s bulbs. These are the same ballast that come in the lexus ls400's and the warm up time is literally 2-3 seconds as in specs but to the eye, these buddies warm up almost instantly it seems!! They are brilliantly brighter than the 55watt ballasts i had compared to my 35watters. You can also order the in house boosted version that cranks out 100watts! I'm tired of buying the cheap hid ballasts from these chinese "copied" companies.

35watt- Denso Slim Ballasts (Specialty) - HID Ballasts from The Retrofit Source Inc

or the bad ass boosted ones 100watts!!! - Denso Slim Ballasts (Specialty) - HID Ballasts from The Retrofit Source Inc

hope this helps

12' race red raptor scab (loaded to the max!)
08' seadoo rxp-x clockin' 80gps

$200.00 damn!! Lol

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Rated.... I freaked when I got my morimoto 5five 6000k and one day I had them on and started the truck :Grenade:. One of them went out and would NOT come back on.... I literally switched lights 10 times in the housings before they started working again! Make sure you freakin have those things off before you start the truck!!:flipthebird:

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rated.... I freaked when I got my morimoto 5five 6000k and one day I had them on and started the truck :Grenade:. One of them went out and would NOT come back on.... I literally switched lights 10 times in the housings before they started working again! Make sure you freakin have those things off before you start the truck!!:flipthebird:

Thats pretty weird. Like I said mine wound up being a loose ground. Any problems since then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc