4x4 check light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasThunder

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a module going out on their transfer case. My 4x4 light came on saying to check my 4x4. When it came on I noticed that my 4x4 drive would not activate. I turn on the switch with no response. I took my baby to the dealership and when they ran a computer check on it, they said it was a module on the transfer case (either on it or in it I am not positive) that had gone bad. I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this. I have not turned on my 4x4 in months and I baby my truck, so it did not come from hard driving or abuse. :peace:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a module going out on their transfer case. My 4x4 light came on saying to check my 4x4. When it came on I noticed that my 4x4 drive would not activate. I turn on the switch with no response. I took my baby to the dealership and when they ran a computer check on it, they said it was a module on the transfer case (either on it or in it I am not positive) that had gone bad. I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this. I have not turned on my 4x4 in months and I baby my truck, so it did not come from hard driving or abuse. :peace:

I haven't heard of this yet, sorry I'm not more help, Definitely keep us posted.

OP
OP
TexasThunder

TexasThunder

Reaction score
I will. The truck is getting fixed now and once I get it back, I post a pic of the part and do my best to explain what I find out.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The transfer case is shifted by an electric actuator. Probably had to do something with that. Hard driving wouldn't cause this, unless it was smashed on a rock, which is not your case.