4WD + Headlights = Loss of Power???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ms. MI Raptor

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Heated washer fluid?!?!

I thought this was the UP, not California.

Don't knock it 'til ya try it! A buddy of mine opened an accessory shop back in '06ish and he wanted a test vehicle to put one on. My ex-hub got it for me for Christmas and I thought he was an idiot (he is an idiot but turns out this was actually not the reason why). It's awesome. No more frozen wipers, slush build up, iced windshields, freezing rain, etc. That was on my '02 Yukon, my '07 Tahoe came with it from GM as did my '09 CTS. GM recalled the units because apparently someone somewhere caught fire but I never had my Tahoe disassembled and I had the Cadillac's set up again with aftermarket parts.

The people who own the Yukon and caddy are still in the area and love that feature. My boss even had one installed on his '10 Denali. It's really nice to have.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The people who own the Yukon and caddy are still in the area and love that feature. My boss even had one installed on his '10 Denali. It's really nice to have.
Yeah, I was just poking fun at you a little. lol

I've thought about getting one before but I don't use my washers that much anyway.

OP
OP
Ms. MI Raptor

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Yeah until that nice "heated fluid" hits an ice cold windshield with a little chip in it.... "C..R..AC...K"

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

There were 2 settings on my aftermarket unit - hot and really hot. Really hot came with a warning when not to use for possibility of cracking windshield.

I drive a lot so definitely found it useful. For the rap it would be handy if there was a way to melt the crud off my backup camera - it's always covered.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased 2 bottles of -50 for the run. Both of them froze and the -20's i had were all liquid... Cheap crap