3M Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
3M clear bra, I just have to do it! I drive very little on the highway but can not beleive how many little paint chips I have on the front end already (4,500 miles). I've scheduled an appointment with a local 3M installer for this Friday it's going to be $400 to do the front end 18 inches up the hood, all painted area's and the side mirrors. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone that hasn't realized how easily the paint chips from the smallest of flying debris.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3M clear bra, I just have to do it! I drive very little on the highway but can not beleive how many little paint chips I have on the front end already (4,500 miles). I've scheduled an appointment with a local 3M installer for this Friday it's going to be $400 to do the front end 18 inches up the hood, all painted area's and the side mirrors. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone that hasn't realized how easily the paint chips from the smallest of flying debris.

I took mine off, never really fit very well and this was from the same installers who did my whole Z4 and can't tell it is on, as well as two other cars. Why not change it up and wrap the front and hood with a color scheme you like. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Nice Job!

I took mine off, never really fit very well and this was from the same installers who did my whole Z4 and can't tell it is on, as well as two other cars. Why not change it up and wrap the front and hood with a color scheme you like. Just my two cents.

I got my truck back yesterday and they did a really nice job. No color sceme for me I just want to protect the paint I have. Like you've said if need be for any reason I can take it off. :waytogo:

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I ve had mine done 2x, this time with a new 3M material that uses clear coat. The problem with clear on white it tends to yellow, new stuff wont?

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out invisimask. They sell the 3m clear coated product cut to fit our trucks. I did mine a few weeks ago in the driveway. It wasn't hard just takes patience.