20x9 vs 17x9 Wheels

What size wheel to use

• 17x9

Votes: 67 69.8%
  • 20x9

Votes: 29 30.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
20's for a work truck Raptor...I drive mine daily out in the Oilfield in Canada and if you don't want to replace your rear brakes and sometimes your calpiers too every oil change you will switch to 20's as the mud doesn't get packed into the calipers when you have a couple inches of space between rim and caliper...and you still have to wash out the calipers good regularly with 20's but at least you have a fighting chance...I also think the 20's look better overall on Gen 1 or 2

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't imagine buying a nice riding truck like the Raptor and then ******* it up with big rims. Every time someone gets in my truck they comment on how nice it rides. That includes guys with 20s on their trucks and girls who know nothing about cars at all.

I run 35s on 17s and keep the psi low. I like to say I roll "low and slow"... lol

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got 20x9 Fuel Hostage's with a +1 offset.
Are they holding your truck hostage? lol Methods motto is Lighter, Stronger, Faster.....Hostage wheels motto "NO ransom NO hostage" Would be better on regular pick up. Its like putting nice shoes to walk in the mud...
I truly believe to stick to factory size esp when it come to specialty vehicles.
First of all the pure weight of 20inch wheels and tires diminish performance. The Raptor is not just another pick up truck IMO.
I run 17" Method wheels, the truck rides awesome, super soft and no drama like would be with big wheels. Easier on the suspension too.

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree that the 17's look too small on the Raptor.

So dont get discouraged by the Baja wanna' be's on this forum. (you know the type... the ones who act like they race off road, but meanwhile their raptor never leaves the pavement)

Put on whatever size wheel YOU like and what fits your needs.

A larger wheel generally gives a better on road drive/feel.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A larger wheel generally gives a better on road drive/feel.

Sure if you like a jittery ride and pounding your truck to shit every time you hit a pot hole. Even these fancy new trucks are still Fords. And trust me, they don't need any help developing squeaks and rattles.

Big wheels are stupid.