2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonythis

Reaction score
New to the forum. Went from "built" back to "order confirmed" today. Also was lucky to have someone accept my Ford Pass request. I was tracking its location until it was disabled. However, I noticed the mileage keeps increasing. went from 18, to 50 to 78. Any thoughts on this?
Mine is in shipped status and also has 78 miles on it per the Ford Pass. I also assumed had to do with QC of whatever had the truck sitting with a scheduled build date of January.

All-Fords

Reaction score
The dealer called me today, they said they talked to the ford rep. Its still in storage somewhere offsite with a quality hold and no other information. The dealer is just as frustrated as I am.
I maybe done with this one and find one on a lot.
its not good for it to be sitting outside being snowed / rained on, with possible Bird crap on it and not being washed or driven.
(Ordered on 11/19/2023, then Scheduled 01/08/2024, In Production 01/10/2024 last updated 01/12/2024)

VJDWashington

Reaction score
How do you find these dealers that are selling at MSRP? Cars.com shows dealers across the country at $20 to $30,000 over MSRP.
Sorry for delayed response. Been playing with new truck. (This thread has become quieter since some trucks have hit the ‘wild’).
Regarding finding at MSRP or lower, I had been tracking cars.com nightly, nationwide, newest listings to see what was hitting dealerships lots. (This was 3+ weeks ago when the first ‘24s were arriving randomly to both customers ordered & dealer orders). I decided I was done waiting on my December order, (no build date), and saw from Michigan to Indiana etc were receiving trucks. Primarily 801a’s which was what I wanted. I then just started contacting any dealer that had what I wanted. (The dealer I bought from showed $5k over but said they’d do MSRP over the phone). Found another dealer that was under MSRP, called first dealer and asked them to match and they did!
From start to finish that day, deal was done in 4 hours or less from search, calls to deal signed.
Cost me $2k to WA from IN so yes, I’m landed just over MSRP, but you can’t touch a 801a on the West coast from a dealer, if they even have one actually on their lot, for under $10k ADM. That will change as inventory finally lands but I was tired of waiting and the time vacuum. (Better things to do…vs waiting on Ford in ‘24).

This thread also has talked a lot about Facebook, ‘Fords at MSRP’, or something like that, but I’m not on FB so I went with cars.com which I’ve used in this fashion previously with extreme success.

Hope this helps!

For the past couple of days, I’m more confused than ever with Ford’s handling of the Gen 3.5 24 release. Hundreds+ sitting in Michigan for 2-3+ months, slow repairs and shipments out from this volume, new builds being produced, shipped & delivered to A FEW I venture to say and I’m one now, Corp Q-1 figures that must look crummy for Ford, no explanations, rail yards sitting on rigs, dealers frustrated, customers that ordered stressed, depressed, few happy now, more left in the dark, and 2024 ticking away….
This ‘business model’ is a failure!

MCrump

Reaction score
Sorry for delayed response. Been playing with new truck. (This thread has become quieter since some trucks have hit the ‘wild’).
Regarding finding at MSRP or lower, I had been tracking cars.com nightly, nationwide, newest listings to see what was hitting dealerships lots. (This was 3+ weeks ago when the first ‘24s were arriving randomly to both customers ordered & dealer orders). I decided I was done waiting on my December order, (no build date), and saw from Michigan to Indiana etc were receiving trucks. Primarily 801a’s which was what I wanted. I then just started contacting any dealer that had what I wanted. (The dealer I bought from showed $5k over but said they’d do MSRP over the phone). Found another dealer that was under MSRP, called first dealer and asked them to match and they did!
From start to finish that day, deal was done in 4 hours or less from search, calls to deal signed.
Cost me $2k to WA from IN so yes, I’m landed just over MSRP, but you can’t touch a 801a on the West coast from a dealer, if they even have one actually on their lot, for under $10k ADM. That will change as inventory finally lands but I was tired of waiting and the time vacuum. (Better things to do…vs waiting on Ford in ‘24).

This thread also has talked a lot about Facebook, ‘Fords at MSRP’, or something like that, but I’m not on FB so I went with cars.com which I’ve used in this fashion previously with extreme success.
k
Hope this helps!

For the past couple of days, I’m more confused than ever with Ford’s handling of the Gen 3.5 24 release. Hundreds+ sitting in Michigan for 2-3+ months, slow repairs and shipments out from this volume, new builds being produced, shipped & delivered to A FEW I venture to say and I’m one now, Corp Q-1 figures that must look crummy for Ford, no explanations, rail yards sitting on rigs, dealers frustrated, customers that ordered stressed, depressed, few happy now, more left in the dark, and 2024 ticking away….
This ‘business model’ is a failure!
Thanks for the response. I logged onto cars.com and truecar.com. Found some 802As and clicked on them then my phone and email blew up. Many said the standard $10-20,000 over msrp. I said I have an order for $5k over. Most said f off which is fine because I keep telling them I will never pay more than 5K. This is the dumbest purchase in my life so I shouldn't add to the pain. Then a guy said, ok we wiil do $5k but you have to buy security system and paint protection. 3K total. I said nope and hung up. About 3 hours later he called back and said 5k is fine. Deal done. Picking up Saturday. The local Ford dealerships have said msrp for 801s. One had a green 802 and wanted $20k then $10K then $5k then just msrp. I said I can't do green. I would have to be $30k under msrp. Even if my wife loved the color. LOL. So yes, everything you said is true and glad my search is over. Cancelled the order to build and all the other guys looking for me. Never did get a vin or build date. Best advise is to search for Raptors on the lot or coming in and do some bargaining.

VJDWashington

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I logged onto cars.com and truecar.com. Found some 802As and clicked on them then my phone and email blew up. Many said the standard $10-20,000 over msrp. I said I have an order for $5k over. Most said f off which is fine because I keep telling them I will never pay more than 5K. This is the dumbest purchase in my life so I shouldn't add to the pain. Then a guy said, ok we wiil do $5k but you have to buy security system and paint protection. 3K total. I said nope and hung up. About 3 hours later he called back and said 5k is fine. Deal done. Picking up Saturday. The local Ford dealerships have said msrp for 801s. One had a green 802 and wanted $20k then $10K then $5k then just msrp. I said I can't do green. I would have to be $30k under msrp. Even if my wife loved the color. LOL. So yes, everything you said is true and glad my search is over. Cancelled the order to build and all the other guys looking for me. Never did get a vin or build date. Best advise is to search for Raptors on the lot or coming in and do some bargaining.
Awesome you are picking up on Saturday! Congrats.
What color did you go with since your first choice of Shelter Green was not avail lol?