2020 Slow to go to reverse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m thinking now the delay is intentional. Once the rear camera image comes up, she locks in reverse :)

Who knows, I know I laughed with my service manager at the dealer when we set up for my rear camera replacement because it's a "safety" recall. I never knew turning your freaking head, if you had to, was so hard!

"Yes officer, I know I just backed right through the Starbucks building, but my rear camera didn't have a proper picture! What was I to do?"

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knows, I know I laughed with my service manager at the dealer when we set up for my rear camera replacement because it's a "safety" recall. I never knew turning your freaking head, if you had to, was so hard!

"Yes officer, I know I just backed right through the Starbucks building, but my rear camera didn't have a proper picture! What was I to do?"
Ride a motorcycle through a grocery store parking lot on a sunday. You’ll witness firsthand how hard it is for people to ******* turn their head when they reverse a vehicle.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been old school for a long while, but finally gave into using the cams on this truck. For one visibility directly in back is not easy, but it’s great for backing up against a wall. I still will use my eyes and check around before moving however.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been old school for a long while, but finally gave into using the cams on this truck. For one visibility directly in back is not easy, but it’s great for backing up against a wall. I still will use my eyes and check around before moving however.

That's pretty much where I'm at now. I can't bring myself to completely trust the camera. It is GREAT for getting real close to a wall.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's pretty much where I'm at now. I can't bring myself to completely trust the camera. It is GREAT for getting real close to a wall.

For what area it covers, you can bank on it. I’ve done it. But in a parking lot it just can’t cover everything coming or speeding at you. Directly behind you yes. 360 as a whole pretty good too.

WyoRaptorrrrr

Reaction score
I have also noticed a more prominent delay, than my other trucks, shifting from park to drive when I already have the truck running (opening and closing gates). I’m sure it is some safety feature so I don’t run over myself. o_O

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

90% of the time I forget to even look at it. I’m still getting used to the fact it’s there.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride a motorcycle through a grocery store parking lot on a sunday. You’ll witness firsthand how hard it is for people to ******* turn their head when they reverse a vehicle.

I still can’t get over the fact that some people still back all the way out before turning the wheels. You got IN there by turning in. You just do the same thing backwards to get out!