2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d say jury is still out. Springs control arms, bushings don’t need to be different for some signaling to be going to the new shocks.

This. I've had cars with electronic damping from inside the cockpit. What I have found is that generally you find your setting, then never touch it. If the new shocks communicate with the computer via buttons or the radio, retrofitting will probably be more costly and complicated than it's worth. Another thing to note - if guys want to go to different after market coil overs and the new shocks are tied to the truck, that makes doing that more of a chore as well. Often times you will need dummy sensors to trick the vehicle that the OEM shocks are still there so they don't throw a code.

Anyway, too early to know but if the shocks are self contained and NOT tied to the truck, that would be the best of both worlds for those wanted to retrofit and those wanting to upgrade to something else.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope we can get the recaro seats in all leather. Just makes maintenance a little easier with kids.

And if that gauge cluster is correct, no new motor. Unless it’s a ecoboost v8 hahaha :drool:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. I've had cars with electronic damping from inside the cockpit. What I have found is that generally you find your setting, then never touch it. If the new shocks communicate with the computer via buttons or the radio, retrofitting will probably be more costly and complicated than it's worth. Another thing to note - if guys want to go to different after market coil overs and the new shocks are tied to the truck, that makes doing that more of a chore as well. Often times you will need dummy sensors to trick the vehicle that the OEM shocks are still there so they don't throw a code.

Anyway, too early to know but if the shocks are self contained and NOT tied to the truck, that would be the best of both worlds for those wanted to retrofit and those wanting to upgrade to something else.

Nothing in the press release said the shock's setting were controllable by mode or user setting. Maybe that was an oversight. Or most likely the shocks simply do their own thing. Everything they talked about with stiffening for cornering or jumping would be super easy to figure out with an onboard accelerometer and position sensor. Between smartphones and game controllers, those things are a dime a dozen and far cheaper than all the hardware and software rework required to link to the truck's computer. Plus it would be smartest for Fox to make all this self-contained so they can sell sets to any truck owner.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cnet article states "The suspension is fundamentally similar to the Fox Racing shocks that were already employed by the Raptor, but now with a solenoid that allows the truck's computer to constantly adjust the damping force at each corner."

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If i remember correctly, bmw’s were/are like this. Little electronic motors that could turn the valve adjuster in the top of the shock.

Ice

Reaction score
Damn! I should've waited for the 2019 since it's getting the V8!! sike.

Maybe this is just me trying to make myself feel better for recently pulling the trigger on a 17 Avalanche SCab, but...

The new 2019 colorways are cool, just not my cup of tea. I hate the new beadlocks (doesnt matter since its the first thing most people change out anyway) Really not digging the new color accented FORD on the tailgate. Recaro seats look nice but again the color isnt my cup of tea. Trail control is... not sure? Only things that I may have wanted are the shocks, but then again i feel like that's something I won't miss in the bigger scheme of things.

For those of you who are on the fence about pulling the trigger now vs waiting for the 2019, if you can get below MSRP for 18s I say go that direction.

I'll trade in my 2017 when the 2020 supercharged V10 Raptor comes out :biggrin:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really don't believe these official reports from autoweek excetera because none of them talk about the new engine that is coming.

There have been just too many reports and people on this forum talking about the new V8 for it to not be true.

MGD/ Sasquatch / mcnawsty has known about the new engine coming since 2016.

Think about all the poor wanna be Raptor owners who now have to put off purchasing for yet another year to wait until the V8 comes out for the 2020 model

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn! I should've waited for the 2019 since it's getting the V8!! sike.

Maybe this is just me trying to make myself feel better for recently pulling the trigger on a 17 Avalanche SCab, but...

The new 2019 colorways are cool, just not my cup of tea. I hate the new beadlocks (doesnt matter since its the first thing most people change out anyway) Really not digging the new color accented FORD on the tailgate. Recaro seats look nice but again the color isnt my cup of tea. Trail control is... not sure? Only things that I may have wanted are the shocks, but then again i feel like that's something I won't miss in the bigger scheme of things.

For those of you who are on the fence about pulling the trigger now vs waiting for the 2019, if you can get below MSRP for 18s I say go that direction.

I'll trade in my 2017 when the 2020 supercharged V10 Raptor comes out [emoji3]

I agree 100% with the beadlocks I may want to trade for the 18 model year ones. Also I don’t like the appliqué either so we will see what actually happens with them or what they decide to do.

Also I wonder if this recaro options will remove the interior orange in the standard seat.. I would like the orange accent in the normal seats depending on how much recaros are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: