Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrews

Reaction score
Just recently traded my 17 in for the 19 and the first time I take it off-road I notice I have dust creeping in from under my rear seats. It seems to be coming from somewhere near the bottom center of the rear cab. Over 60 MPH it becomes very noticeable and absolutely coated the interior.
(No windows were open or cracked, including the moonroof I checked several times)
Is anyone else having this happen? Maybe a cab plug or something?

OP
OP
Andrews

Andrews

Reaction score
That is 100% what it is! I just crawled under the truck and found them completely covered in powdered dust.

OP
OP
Andrews

Andrews

Reaction score
D07F6EA0-7922-4483-8D19-FC53BE70117B.jpeg Here is a picture from the inside. Now the question is what can I do to stop this? Does anyone know what the difference is here for 17 to 19?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
keep that area clean so they seal well.

if they are caked in dirt and mud, they may not be working in the one way fashion they are intended to work.

OP
OP
Andrews

Andrews

Reaction score
I agree although this happened on the first trip off-road with a new truck that had less than 500 miles on it. They were as clean as they were going to get.

Maybe I need to have the dealer change these things out.
Defective maybe..

OP
OP
Andrews

Andrews

Reaction score
Mine leaked on my first trip with less than 600 miles on my 19 SCAB. I may look for an air filter to cover them, but its low on my list.

let me know if you find anything. I cleaned the vents and used some microfiber towels to act as a filters for now.

UT_RAPTOR

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solid fix?
Just recently traded my 17 in for the 19 and the first time I take it off-road I notice I have dust creeping in from under my rear seats. It seems to be coming from somewhere near the bottom center of the rear cab. Over 60 MPH it becomes very noticeable and absolutely coated the interior.
(No windows were open or cracked, including the moonroof I checked several times)
Is anyone else having this happen? Maybe a cab plug or something

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solid fix?
Same question from me. My daughter was in the back on first off road trip and said the word "smoke" instead of "dust". I about crashed thinking fire.

Next weekend same trail, my father said the same but i was ready for it. Haven't had rear passengers since so sort of forgot about it.