2018 Super Cab vs Super Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
I had a 2011 SuperCrew.. It was cool and stuff, sometimes seemed like a lot to lug around.

I went with the SuperCab for the 2017 and I absolutely love it. You will definitely notice it in parking lots because I feel that the turning radius is much tighter or it could just be because the truck is shorter.

In my opinion, I think the SuperCab is a little sportier looking, could just be me though.

Can't go wrong with either choice. but if you don't have people sitting in the back and you are going to hold onto the truck for a while, supercab makes sense.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Thought I should also mention that my dealer gave me the "resale" pitch... I personally think it is garbage because it is not an XLT F-150. It is a Raptor and everyone wants one.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 Scab and it works just fine for me. I even have it in blue like the OP wants! I remember seeing some data in the early months of 2017 Raptor shipments and something like 93% were Screws. Like some others here, I think they look better and I like the short wheelbase. If I regularly had adults in the rear seats, i might reconsider, but I don't.

There might be something to the resale concern, with fewer buyers interested. Of course, for those wanting Scabs, there will be fewer to choose from as well.

I haven't noticed any door rattle issues yet at 10k miles.

I say get what you want and don't look back.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
door will rattle only when the seals and and other rubber parts start to wear out at like 100k miles. You just pay 200 dollars and replace them. good for another 100k

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I have a 17 Scab and it works just fine for me. I even have it in blue like the OP wants! I remember seeing some data in the early months of 2017 Raptor shipments and something like 93% were Screws. Like some others here, I think they look better and I like the short wheelbase. If I regularly had adults in the rear seats, i might reconsider, but I don't.

There might be something to the resale concern, with fewer buyers interested. Of course, for those wanting Scabs, there will be fewer to choose from as well.

I haven't noticed any door rattle issues yet at 10k miles.

I say get what you want and don't look back.

I think if dealers ordered more Scabs for their own inventory, you'd see more 60/40 or 70/30 between Screw and Scabs. It seems that every dealer in the nation only orders Screws to sell on their lots. The 3 dozen Scabs available at dealerships across the US have got to be canceled orders because of the random options.

I'm fine with that too, makes Scabs that much more rare. I've only seen a handful of Scabs on the road, but I see about six Screws a day on average.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if dealers ordered more Scabs for their own inventory, you'd see more 60/40 or 70/30 between Screw and Scabs. It seems that every dealer in the nation only orders Screws to sell on their lots. The 3 dozen Scabs available at dealerships across the US have got to be canceled orders because of the random options.

I'm fine with that too, makes Scabs that much more rare. I've only seen a handful of Scabs on the road, but I see about six Screws a day on average.
heres one on the road. should help with yur decision