GEN 2 2018 CF and BL Orders Delayed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impinth06

Reaction score
Just got up the phone with my dealer in NE. I ordered a CF no BL SCREW 18 on Aug.24 and was told the order is still on commodity restriction because of the CF. Same words as last month said to drop the CF and get the truck built this month.

I'm in no rush of getting it anyway so decided to keep waiting.

OP
OP
P

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was built on 11/2 and is expected to deliver on 11/25. My dealer fought to get it pulled for months due to commodity restriction.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My news is pretty much the opposite of most on here.

I ordered a Lightning Blue SCREW 802a without beadlocks on 9/27/17, and after a month of no news and only "unscheduled clean," my salesman called and told me that the district rep had called and told them that since everyone had been ordering the standard wheels to avoid delays associated with a shortage of BL wheels, there was now a shortage of standard wheels, and if I wanted to change, my order would probably happen faster.

The BL wheels had been growing on me anyway, so I told him to change my order, and within a week, I had a VIN and a build date in mid-December.

impinth06

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer, said Ford got 5 CF package orders available (That sucks, considering it really isn't all that complicated to make those) my CF order is scheduled to be built early Jan, no exact date is given but the order did finally go through after 3 months of waiting.

Good luck to everybody!