2018 802 with 71k Miles - Risky or Safe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxnate

Reaction score
This question may have been asked a few times, but I'm just looking for some real time opinions...
There is a 2018 802A raptor for sale for a decent price near me.
Carfax shows good maintenance records, and it does have 3 owners already.
The main thing that concerns me is the miles. I've typically bought lower mile vehicles.
So the question I guess I'm asking, if you see 70k on a 2018 Raptor, are you starting to get worried??

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its able to be certified and then with an extended warranty not too worried.
Obv the main thing is checking out how the truck is, with three owners its a bit iffy on how well each one took care, and maybe why they ended up selling it.

If the bump stops look ok, shocks arent leaking/bouncing, cam phasers have had the fixes, oil pan isnt leaking if plastic, moonroof doesnt crap itself opening, and last one is if the iwes make noise.

Last one is hard to tell, took one raptor for a test drive twice, bought it, on the way home made the noise and no dealership wanted to deal with it until "something broke", even showed the tsb and they still didnt want to. Thankfully it was fixed with a new check valve and solenoid, but moonroof started to leak BAD, traded it for my current one.

Also if the economy ever kinda shifts back to normality, that mileage may hurt resell if youre not one to hold onto vehicles for a bit.

OP
OP
R

rxnate

Reaction score
The VIN doesn't show any recalls. It had power locks fixed, unintended tail gate opening, and door latch. Ford says no recalls currently. I don't see anything about the cam phasers?

Any thoughts there?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VIN doesn't show any recalls. It had power locks fixed, unintended tail gate opening, and door latch. Ford says no recalls currently. I don't see anything about the cam phasers?

Any thoughts there?
so nothin on phasers on the OASIS report?
I mean it could be it didnt need it and was maintained well enough they never failed, but, hard to say with 3 owners.

pavendort

Reaction score
I bought my 17 with 69,900 on it for a decent price. Not great but decent (pandemic pricing). I am owner #3, but the truck looked great with maintenance records. But NO recalls or TSB's done. Was a "Ford Certified Pre-Owned" so I got a great warranty to 100k, but that mileage has come and gone now. I don't think this truck is a risk. Test drove a few others that were newer with less miles that rode like garbage or sounded like a Honda tractor. There are a few known issues with them, but they are ALL boiled down to lack of maintenance.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 had 45k on it before it got totaled & my 2020 now has 47k on it- not quite 70k but neither of em gave me a lick of trouble- oil changes, tire rotations, I did the T-case & diffs fluid @ 35k & new coolant @ 45k haven’t had to do brakes yet.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to hit 75k on my 2018. Cam Phaser, Water Pump, and High Pressure Fuel Pump have been my only issues. Getting ready to take her down to Baja in a couple of weeks for some more off road miles! Maintenance is key!

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dumb question and maybe related to OP.

What are some signs of a possible tune being added? Looked at one today, stock exhaust and intake, but the bolt holding the lower air intake was loose. So, the question in my head was what if they swapped the intake back to stock and did a poor re-install?
Know the service part of the dealership well, and can get @Space Ghost ******* opinion on stuff.
Figure I get the Oasis on Monday for any more info on it.