2014 Black Special Edition - Hood Graphics???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wasn't in the market for a new truck & then on Friday I saw a side shot of a 2014 Black Special Edition. So now I have a deposit down on one spec'd out the way I want it that my dealer happened to have coming in in a few weeks. Seems like fate to me - or at least that's how I justify it to myself.

Was told it should be getting a vin & window sticker by the end of the week but the inventory guy was able to see the listed options and MSRP. It has everything I want and the MSRP is the same as what appears to be the common "loaded" setup (58,475). One thing that he was unclear on was hood graphics - he said he thought they were on there. Does a black special edition come with hood graphics??? Haven't seen any and if this is something extra I do not want. None of the other window stickers on trucks with that MSRP have mentioned hood graphics. Anyone know if this is standard?

TL;DR - does a black SE have hood graphics? Any pics if they do?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A black SE does come standard with hood graphics as part of the SE package. They look exactly like the 2012+ Hood Graphics.

Source: My dad has one and I ordered it.

EDIT!! Brain fart.

Comes standard with bedside graphics.

Hood graphics are EXTRA. However do look the same as the 2012 +.

Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A black SE does come standard with hood graphics as part of the SE package. They look exactly like the 2012+ Hood Graphics.

Source: My dad has one and I ordered it.

I would double check that . I have a 2014 SE in black and I have no hood graphics . only the SE graphics on the bed . Also have a friend in Vegas with the twin to our truck and he doesn't have a hood graphic either

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wasn't in the market for a new truck & then on Friday I saw a side shot of a 2014 Black Special Edition. So now I have a deposit down on one spec'd out the way I want it that my dealer happened to have coming in in a few weeks. Seems like fate to me - or at least that's how I justify it to myself.

Was told it should be getting a vin & window sticker by the end of the week but the inventory guy was able to see the listed options and MSRP. It has everything I want and the MSRP is the same as what appears to be the common "loaded" setup (58,475). One thing that he was unclear on was hood graphics - he said he thought they were on there. Does a black special edition come with hood graphics??? Haven't seen any and if this is something extra I do not want. None of the other window stickers on trucks with that MSRP have mentioned hood graphics. Anyone know if this is standard?

TL;DR - does a black SE have hood graphics? Any pics if they do?

SE only comes with hood graphics if you order them separately, they are not included in the SE only the bedsides.

D

Deleted member 12951

I will double confirm that as I have an SE too and it does not matter if its Tuxedo Black or Ruby Red. SE comes with bedside graphics that are unique to the SE. It does NOT come with hood graphics. That is a separate added option.

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the replies! Just wanted to make sure that telling them to delete the hood graphics didn't somehow remove the special edition package.

Now to settle in for what looks like could be a 2+ month wait

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the replies! Just wanted to make sure that telling them to delete the hood graphics didn't somehow remove the special edition package.

Now to settle in for what looks like could be a 2+ month wait

It will be well worth the wait! I drive my truck daily and wouldn't change it for the world! You will be very happy

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be well worth the wait! I drive my truck daily and wouldn't change it for the world! You will be very happy

Yeah I'm sure I will be. This is the most excited I've been about a new truck in a long time - the wait is going to suck but the end result more than worth it