2013 ...Is this the year for the ecoboost Raptor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This statement was attributed to Rick, not sure if it's an accurate quote:

"...up top it picked-up roughly 85 RWHP and 90 RWTQ."

Livernois Tuned EcoBoost F150 Teaser - YouTube

Anything can be modded. With the Livernois cams and a set of headers (tune of course) the 6.2 is at 500hp. Now we are back to square one - similar mpg but the Eco has less power.

As of yesterday, Rick hadn't had the f150 eco truck on a dyno so not sure where those numbers came from:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...174-livernois-tuned-ecoboost-f150-teaser.html

With money, anything can be made faster/more powerful than anything else.

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two locals I talked to with ecoboost f150s said they do not get good mpg.

Both of them said they have been back to dealer many times asking whats up with this thing?

I get about the same with 6.2 and 5 star tune.

Untill Ford has a 400 to 500 hp motor that gets 40 to 50 mpg I will just keep filling up $100.00 + sometimes two to three times a week.

2011 6.2 just over a year old 13 1/2 months +\- and have about 47,000 miles.

If your worried about fuel get one of them electric hybrid **** prius furcake or what ever its called LOL

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday, Rick hadn't had the f150 eco truck on a dyno so not sure where those numbers came from:

There's a thread in the 2011+ engine section on the f150forum. Seemed like somebody was quoting from facebook, or something.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The two locals I talked to with ecoboost f150s said they do not get good mpg.

Both of them said they have been back to dealer many times asking whats up with this thing?

I get about the same with 6.2 and 5 star tune.

Untill Ford has a 400 to 500 hp motor that gets 40 to 50 mpg I will just keep filling up $100.00 + sometimes two to three times a week.

2011 6.2 just over a year old 13 1/2 months +\- and have about 47,000 miles.

If your worried about fuel get one of them electric hybrid **** prius furcake or what ever its called LOL

Hybrid full size trucks are coming... and Im not talking about the fake one GM had out a while ago... Ford is working on them now and I'm sure the resst are too...

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many Raptor buyers seriously buy it expecting great mileage?

If they want to add boost an engine, add say 9 psi boost to the 6.2 I would love a 650 plus HP engine in this truck.
Or even add less boost and give us just 550 HP........

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Who knew talking shit about economical cars on the internet make your **** bigger!? What lazy car company is paying you guys? No wonder american cars haven't changed in 20 years.

Haters are going to hate, Feel free to hate on me!
I honestly can't wait for electric vehicles. 100% torque at 0rpm with about 18498730978934 less moving parts. No oil changes, wheels will be able to turn 180+ degrees the list goes on... Yeah, battery technology isn't quite up to par but once car companies get behind them that will change.

Instead of rumble... this is what we get to look forward to (before the diesel engine kicks in)
Toyota Le Mans HYBRID [in-car] EV Mode pit exit and on-track - YouTube

As for the EB Raptor, a V8TT would be better if they needed such an engine but sadly what other platform would they put it in? Can't put it in the SD because it would eat into the more expensive Diesel sales. Also remember they have to source a RELIABLE Trans, Xfercase and Axles that can handle all that power while not costing $370289745. Honestly I'd rather have a dual clutch trans than a TTV8. Easily my biggest disappointment with the truck is the transmission.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once again, nobody who knows his own mind and can do simple arithmetic buys a truck - ANY TRUCK - for fuel economy. You don't buy a vehicle that is designed for capability with a powerful engine, honest-to-god frame, geared for towing and hauling, and shaped like a brick and expect it to make good fuel economy. More particularly with regard to the Raptor, you don't buy a vehicle as described above that weighs 6,000 pounds and is a 4x4 designed specifically for high speed off road travel and expect it to sip gas from a tea cup. Well, not if you have a healthy mind, anyway.

The laws of physics will not take a siesta for you and your stupid green pipe dreams. Sorry. The universe doesn't exist for you, doesn't care if you get what you want for yourself, and will not skip a beat if your rediculous self-serving expectations are not fulfilled. Don't like it? Find another universe. Can I watch while you look for it?