2013 has reinforced frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with MOTO.... My 2010 will eventually not be the DD anymore and will become a 100% play toy. Still glad to know the frame is beefed up.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the build dates on the guys who have the reenforced frames? I'm wondering where the cut off is between the 'reenforced' frames and the older ones?

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It also may have to do with which factory the f150 was built in. Rouge is the only one that does the raptor. So that frame might be only for that factory or rouge got it first. Why would ford retool all the plants if it was meant for the raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably no retooling at the assembly plant, the frame is built elsewhere and shipped to the plant.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
correct. "assembly plant" means they are putting all the pieces together. Frames are most like coming from somewhere else. For example, Ford is not casting wheels at the assembly plants. :)

Probably no retooling at the assembly plant, the frame is built elsewhere and shipped to the plant.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
correct. "assembly plant" means they are putting all the pieces together. Frames are most like coming from somewhere else. For example, Ford is not casting wheels at the assembly plants. :)

Crap I hope they don't make the frames where they make the wheels, Lol!

GP@PPG

Reaction score
Engineers like to find ways to keep their jobs and guess I can't blame 'em. Just *sometime things* aren't as deeply rooted as it may seem. It DOES go on, just not so sure in this case.
I've noticed that and a couple other little things around my '12 that my buddies '10 it seems. Haven't had time to get them together around the shop long enough!

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i love how this thread proves a bunch of grown ass men seem to love to act like a bunch of irritated gashes and argue about the stupidest shit online.

Way to go cockmunchers!

Its called iterations in a product development cycle, as things are identified as being "lackluster" or "not optimal" they change with each new production run. If anything this whole bit of **** irritation is evidence that ford has a healthy and robust product dev cycle working on this line.

And i would be willing to bet that 99% of the gashes running their cockbreath infused mouthes have 0 body damage, 0 mud time, and a whole bunch of flexing their suspension on concrete blocks in parking lots.

Seriously, **** already and go break your ******* trucks in some far off back country landscape already. If you want a ******** mall crawler you should have bought a MW3 jeep and done up some custom vinyl cross hairs...

Last edited: