2013 6.2 5 Star Tune Dyno Results!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mike TexaSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ditched the POS Afe and added a Airraid.

Did not do the headers. Bought wheels and a ADD bumper instead.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to know. there's always a camp for afe or the various one's out there. Hard to get a handle about an opinion on dynos or maintenance/ damage on off-road runs.

BKwizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the tune effect the factory warranty if something were to happen to the engine or computer.... I know other areas it won't but you are messing with the internal diagnostics correct....there has to be a trail? Reason i ask is i want to do this but do not want void the 100k warranty that I purchased :(

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the tune effect the factory warranty if something were to happen to the engine or computer.... I know other areas it won't but you are messing with the internal diagnostics correct....there has to be a trail? Reason i ask is i want to do this but do not want void the 100k warranty that I purchased :(

I don't know in this particular case, but I've been around performance cars and forums for a while.

It's usually hit or miss with this. People have been able to flash their car back to stock before taking it in.

People have had dealers not bat an eye when cars are flashed and brought in for work.

Some have had dealers void warranties as well, though.

It all depends on your dealer and your relationship with them.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I laugh every time I see a thread that the members say just return it to stock and take it to the dealer..NOT TRUE.
I own a company who does performance tuning on GM and Ford vehicles. [performance autosport] The first thing we tell our customers is tuning will VOID your Warranty. Even if the Vehicle is returned to stock the dealer tech can tell it has been flashed and will flag the car,If the dealer has any doughs there are several tests that can be done to see if the ECU has been altered.
People will also quote the Magnuson warranty act about the manufacture proving the damage but who has the time or money to fight them,plus it is clearly specified that a tune will void the warranty in the owners booklet.
IMO a tune is great for performance and if the warranty is not an issue than do it,but do not think you can get anything by the dealers these days ,the first time your truck is plugged in to the Ford laptop the first screen the tech sees is that the truck has been modded and when that laptop is updated by Ford all that info goes directly to there data base and your done.
Any major or minor repairs must be approved by the Ford warranty people and a rep will be sent out to look over the vehicle for any major repairs,the dealer is NOT the decision maker and if they fix it with out telling Ford first ,then the claim is denied.

All of my personal and shop vehicles are 100% stock with no ECU mods for that reason,if I wanted a fast vehicle I would not have bought a Raptor,I love my tuck but love the Warranty more.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I laugh every time I see a thread that the members say just return it to stock and take it to the dealer..NOT TRUE.

NOT TRUE.

Like I said, it depends on the dealer.

In your particular case you may have not experienced it, but that doesn't mean it has never happened.

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOT TRUE.

Like I said, it depends on the dealer.

In your particular case you may have not experienced it, but that doesn't mean it has never happened.

You can believe what you want ,but if you have any major warranty claims the dealer well check the ECU for evidence of a tune and or pull the ECU And send it to Ford. They will also have to wait for a ford factory rep look at the truck.
Minor warranty issues they may never know the trucks been modded.

I have been in the Performance industry for 20 years,built cars for SEMA and done more consulting than many for the industry. We are an SCT and HP tuner dealer,and we build some fast cars I just want to be honest when we work on customers cars.
Mark LaMaskin
Performance Autosport

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The risk is so low blowing up anything major with a simple 5 star tune and CAI that I wouldn't sweat it. Now if you want to talk boosted motors, nitrous, etc then the stakes go up. The stock tune is so poor driveability wise that SVT should feel ashamed of themselves. They left WAY too much on the table and the shift logic is pure crap. Coming from SRT vehicles I have to say they do a much better job of it even though there's still a lot to gain with tunes on those vehicles.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4