2012 SCREW start issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve done mine, but this isn’t what you are describing. When the canister purge valve fails or is failing, the engine turns over just fine, it just won’t fire because it is being flooded with fuel vapours. This usually happens after you fill it up with gas, the vapours enter the engine through the CPV when it fails to close. Just saying’.

I should’ve read closer, I thought he was turning over but not cranking.

Good luck OP.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should’ve read closer, I thought he was turning over but not cranking.

Good luck OP.
It's a cheap part and would be a good preventative maintenance part to replace if your keeping your Raptor for any length of time. Yeah the OP mentions it won't crank(turn over) sometimes when the engine is warm.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the OP’s symptom is a No Crank No Start, so F27 and the purge valve can be ruled out. If the truck was not recognizing the key (PATS), it would display “Starting System Fault”, so that’s not a likely cause either. It sounds like the starter is failing when hot, but it wouldn’t hurt to voltage drop the starter wiring since circuit resistance increases with heat.

OP
OP
MC15

MC15

Reaction score
Thank you all very much.
Also a mention is when I started it this morning via the remote start (I always warm up my truck before I take off on the morning) it fired up as it did the first day I got it. After driving 7 miles to the airport and parking it I started it again, this time w/ the key. It started, but didn’t crank over as vigorously as it did earlier. It had a slower crank to it. I then started it again with the remote and it fired up again like it did when I left the house.
The optima battery is 8 yrs old, but those yellow caps are tanks and it fires up no problem (more consistently w the remote).

Rosshh

Reaction score
I had similar issue with my 12 and I was sure my Odyssey was good. Replaced the battery and all is well.