2012 Raptor 6R80 larger fluid pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a bigger Trans oil pan.

Had my 6R80 rebuilt with good internals recently ( see video) and some people recommended a larger pan.

Thanks

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a few companies out there ( Mag-Hytec, PPE, Performance Automatic, AFE & maybe a couple of others, considered it myself awhile back but never bought one ).

I remember seeing an older thread or two on here for the Mag-Hytec sold by Freedom Motorsports (or maybe it was for the diff cover?), could try running a search on the board for it to see what else is floating around out there...g'luck !

bsimms89

Reaction score
I just installed the AFE pan, was very happy with it, hold 7 quarts more than oem (was the biggest increase of any after market pan I saw), it fit in no problem even with my kooks exhaust and green cats, I did it the same time I installed a B&M transmission dipstick and saudi trans cooler.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I just installed the AFE pan, was very happy with it, hold 7 quarts more than oem (was the biggest increase of any after market pan I saw), it fit in no problem even with my kooks exhaust and green cats, I did it the same time I installed a B&M transmission dipstick and saudi trans cooler.
I want to put a new pan on my 2012 and am debating between the AFE and the PPE. The PPE only holds 4 more quarts, but looks a bit more shallow than the AFE. I don't want anything that is going to hang down much further when off-roading.

How far down would you say the AFE extends vs the oem pan? I can't tell from the photos, but I would guess 4-6 inches? Unless the photos just exaggerate the depth optically.

bsimms89

Reaction score
It’s lower than the oem pan, I’m not sure how much, but it’s not as low as the frame cross member just in front of it, it’s not the lowest thing on the truck

2012SCSVT

Reaction score
It’s lower than the oem pan, I’m not sure how much, but it’s not as low as the frame cross member just in front of it, it’s not the lowest thing on the truck
I was wondering if you think it would sit above a skid plate if a plate went from the trans mount to the aft front suspension cosmember under the engine

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an extra one never installed. Long story very short I ended up with 2.

Attachments

• PXL_20240119_165236138.jpg
    PXL_20240119_165236138.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 6

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to put a new pan on my 2012 and am debating between the AFE and the PPE. The PPE only holds 4 more quarts, but looks a bit more shallow than the AFE. I don't want anything that is going to hang down much further when off-roading.

How far down would you say the AFE extends vs the oem pan? I can't tell from the photos, but I would guess 4-6 inches? Unless the photos just exaggerate the depth optically.
I had a custom spider guard built for mine. Hangs lower than I prefer but looks and performs great. They can build it for any pan. They did my diff as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311-090023.png
    Screenshot_20230311-090023.png
    509.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230311-090011.png
    Screenshot_20230311-090011.png
    526.3 KB · Views: 4