2010 Collectible/Price…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sixxcat1

Reaction score
Hi All.
First off, my apologies if this has been discussed? I searched but couldn’t find anything specific.
I was wondering what your thoughts were on the future collectibility and price of a 2010 Tuxedo Black 6.2L..
The truck has every option you could get at the time except for the step in the tailgate as far as I can tell…
It has 10,700 miles… the front bumper, headlights, hood, fenders, and flares have all been wrapped with XPEL nano film. They added about 3/4 of an inch to each cut out so everything could be wrapped with no lines visible. It has Morimoto headlights (the stock headlights are boxed up, and like brand new).
It also has oem 2014 bead locks (I believe that was the year), but the factory wheels were sold.
The truck has never seen dirt or rain, and is in immaculate condition, better than showroom.
So what brings me here is to get your input on the asking price, which is firm, and what you guys think the future for trucks like this could be?
It belongs to my neighbor who is extremely OCD with his cars, and he’s offered it to me for $62,000.. I was personally thinking $55,000 give or take, but I’m not sure, that’s why am here.
I’m running into a lot of variables such as the current price of gasoline, which will hopefully come down soon, as well as the future of a big V-8…
I know there will definitely be a niche, but would it be worth it?
Again, my apologies if this has been talked about before? I’ve had an impossible time trying to find some type of collectors information on these trucks. If I left anything out or wasn’t clear on anything, please don’t hesitate to say something. It’s late.
Thank you for any advice and thoughts you guys can offer.

Attachments

• 5998B3A6-B5AC-4CBC-8BEF-19FAA7EBF2CA.jpeg
    5998B3A6-B5AC-4CBC-8BEF-19FAA7EBF2CA.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck market is high right now. As for collectability, really dunno. Right buyer, yes it is a '10 SCAB...so 55K is not tooo crazy of an offer considering that serious low mileage. 5.4 truck?

OP
OP
S

Sixxcat1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply MurderedOutSVT.
I left that out by mistake, my apologies. It’s a 6.2L
He won’t take anything less than $62,000., I’m just thinking $55,000..

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm selling mine, and it has the Tailgate step, take a look.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
For the collector who will pay top dollar they want 100% stock. The 2010 Raptor has a few more years to age (like a fine wine) before it becomes a collectable in my opinion. KBB has it valued in perfect condition at $39,000, the market at this time does not hold well for used gas guzzling pickup trucks and at $62,000 I think you would be crazy to pay that much. If your plan is to store it for a long term investment It might never payout. If your planning on driving it then there goes the low mileage and collectability for it.

OP
OP
S

Sixxcat1

Reaction score
Thanks mprice. Your reply has been at the back of my mind, and I’m thinking even at 55 I’d be paying too much, but I would, just because I know the history of the truck.
I’m also thinking with the new Raptor R coming out, that may hurt the value of the first GEN V-8’s even more? I don’t know?
Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Definitely knowing the history helps. Idk about anywhere else but up here people still love the v8s, so I wouldn’t think itd hurt them too much.

I can admit i paid more than I probably should of for mine but it had no rust on the common spots and easy light rust on the bottom of the lowest part of frame (easy fix). Where i live id of paid the same amount for a newer less mileage truck but with way more rust.

im happy to have a non rusted higher mileage truck lol. Oh i also dont care about its value since i keep them until rust kills them (hopefully not this one!)

Overall it’s your money and decision. Id just hate to see ya get hosed with that big of a price jump over book and even this market values. Good luck on whatever you decide we’re here for ya :)

OP
OP
S

Sixxcat1

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the advice and help. He’s firm at 62K. I think realistically 45K would be what it’s worth, but I’d go up to 55K because it’s as clean underneath as it is on the outside with no rust anywhere. In fact, I believe it’s only been washed four times.
Oil’s been changed every 3000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first…
Thanks again.

banzai

Reaction score
Historically, the first and last model year of a vehicles production have a little more desirability when it comes to collecting. The biggest factor on any vehicle is condition. Low milage isn't always an indicator of good condition but if a vehicle presents in excellent condition, low milage will back that perceived condition up and raise the value higher.

Is the guy the original owner? Might be worth a little more for that. What did the truck sticker for? ($38 / $40K?) How much profit is enough for 11 years of ownership? New vehicles will depreciate in the first 10 years or so, level off for awhile, then begin to rise. The process normally takes 20 - 25 years or so for one to become "collectable".

Of course, the curve is different for every model, some are collectable out of the gate, others never really worth much at all. I'm certain that Raptors will become collectable and at a curve a little shorter than average. To me, the big question is, how do you plan to use it? Are you going to collect it or use and drive it like a truck?

The truck sounds like it has good potential for collecting (to make a little money on in the future) but only if you don't drive it too much. In this example, more miles = less future value. This doesn't exempt you from maintaining the truck either. You will still be spending (investing) some funds for maintenance on it while NOT driving it.

If you just want the truck to just use and drive, then you might want to keep looking for a better deal on a more used vehicle.

Sounds like you already know the answer to you original question (how much is it worth?) 62K sound a little high at this stage of the game, but in another 10 - 15 years it could be a bargain. Cash talks, have you waved $55K under his nose? Bound to get his attention and let him know your really serious. If the guy is close, be patient and keep working him.

Last edited:

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you gonna buy it and let it sit as well unused for years to come or drive it and use it? I’ve paid the price twice on vehicles with extremely low miles thinking I’m getting a deal, only to discover when a car sits and isn’t driven seals, gaskets and any thing else that can leak or get dried out and brittle costs me more problems than I wanted. I would never pay that price, especially don’t get sold on the ”low” miles for the high price.