5.4 2010 Air Intake / Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sclark

Reaction score
So I bought my truck a few months back, and my first mod was installing a fore and aft camera. So, for the second mod I'm looking for an air intake & exhaust system. I'm looking to see what everyone else has installed?

What I've got: 2010 Raptor 5.4L SuperCab

Looking for a bolt on stainless steel exhaust with chrome tips.

Here is what I've been thinking about getting:
Magnaflow - Ebay
K & N Air Intake

Last edited:

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought my truck a few months back, and my first mod was installing a fore and aft camera. So, for the second mod I'm looking for an air intake & exhaust system. I'm looking to see what everyone else has installed?

What I've got: 2010 Raptor 5.4L SuperCab

Looking for a bolt on stainless steel exhaust with chrome tips.

Here is what I've been thinking about getting:
Magnaflow - Ebay
K & N Air Intake

So many of us have different opinions on exhaust and sounds, its great. Personally, on my 2010, I went with the Borla 140346 system. It was all stainless with very nice polished chrome tips. However, it is not going to be a "glass shaker", but it had a very nice sound, with more importantly no drone. Since then, Borla has come out with an S type, which is bit louder, but I am not sure if this is available for the 5.4. The Borla was a huge selling point on my 2010. Hope this helps, best of luck!

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the K&N setup. I like how it keeps the stock lower airbox and gets rid of the 90 chambers in the intake tube. Seems to work well and probably gained at a minimum 1/8 of a horsepower.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to support my local businesses and FRF vendors whenever I can. So I went to a local muffler shop. They used 3" from the cats back running into a Flowmaster 40 series. I originally had it exit in the stock location but recently chopped and dumped it. It was getting hung up at the dunes and now it doesn't. As far as an air filter, I just use a drop in K&N.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
With my Volant I dynod an increase of 10hp and 10 tq. I like the Volant because it does not use the hood as the top. Both are going to get you about the same power increase. I just prefer the dry power core filter vs an oiled k&n

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know from the cat back the 6.2 and 5.4 have the same exhust sizes so that will give you a ton more choices...the headers and cats are different though.

Sent from my mobile entertainment device.