20" Rigid LED install with front license plate :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys. Totally forgot the front license plates are required in Illinois. Has anyone installed them with the license plate being mounted some how?

Here's a pic. Not sure how I can do it besides remounting the plate on the bumper(moving it down about 4 inches.

I'll take a better pic tomorrow. I realized this one sucks.

g8h3e.jpg

Banned
Reaction score
could make a flip plate. when your offroad using the light, flip the plate up and wham. full light.

OP
OP
V

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could make a flip plate. when your offroad using the light, flip the plate up and wham. full light.

I really would rather not doing that. My current solutions are either starting the plates just under the light then kinda just bend it back with the bumper.

Or just putting the light behind the grill under the FORD logo. But how much will that dim it?

Why did I not research this? Shit.

Banned
Reaction score
Could always just throw the plate in the dash visible through the windshield.
Or do it like ecoboost F150's do with it off to the side.

OP
OP
V

vosschs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could always just throw the plate in the dash visible through the windshield.
Or do it like ecoboost F150's do with it off to the side.

I would throw it in the dash. But that's basically the same as not having it around here. And last thing I want to do is attract cops when I don't want to be pulled over if that makes sense.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Here's a better pic.

oRhbw.jpg

Banned
Reaction score
****** deal man. Up here in the city they are total ***** as well. Will pull you over, and will ticket you even if you are out of washer fluid if they feel like it. Yet they never gave my dad a hard time with his plate in the dash.

I'd say your best bet is to just move it to the side like ecoboost trucks. Google an image and see what you think
(I'd post one but I'm using my phone right now)

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Voss alot of guys just use the lower wholes to mount the licence plate from the plate bracket when you remove it. Glad to see another illinois Raptor owner on here =)

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2012 raptor crew buildup. posted by linexsa. Heres a picture of what I was trying to tell you

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 296