1st Raptor sighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lineman 51

Reaction score
A couple of years back I saw my first raptor on the 190 east bound outside of buffalo n.y. I could not take my eyes off of it. A black scab all shined up, it was very impressive. I ended up following the raptor all the way to my exit in rochester n.y. passing it sometimes only to look at the front in my rearview mirror. I knew then, that the raptor would have to be my next truck. what was your first sighting, and how did you react with your first encounter of the most amazing truck ever built.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was fall 2010, I was working in San Diego, CA, driving a rental car (Mustang) north on I15 in the Mira Mesa area, a burned orange Raptor passed me; and I sat out lout: “Shit, I need a new Truck”
After getting back to my hotel I checked out the truck on the internet, joined this forum and started saving for ‘My’ Raptor!

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i saw one when they first came out before i could evin drive. in a magazine at the dentist i think. and as soon as i read about it i new i wanted one... and here i am 18 with a raptor. to me its like my dream of owning a ferrari or a lambo. and who woulda thought i could make my dream come true.

MOUSE3693

Reaction score
Saw my first one around Febuary 2012. While visiting some Family. The Raptor grill was the first thing I saw. A black Scab, just a beast on the road. I had no idea what it was honestly. I had to find out.
So I jumped on my IPhone and started searching. From then on I fell in love and knew I had to have one.
Just had knee surgery and my Raptor is being delivered to my door tomorrow. I can not wait!!!
2013 Black Screw fully loaded.
Thanks to my awesome wife.

Travaler

Reaction score
I saw my first Raptor at the Tulsa state fair in october 2009, Called my car dealership in Wisconsin he had a fully loaded Molten Orange Raptor they just got in, I told them I would pick it up transferred the money and had it setting in my driveway two days later

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
First one in person was outside my squadron building while still in the Air Force. It was a blue one and I remember thinking "Damn I want one of those! Shame I'll never be able to afford one though..." I was an E-4 at the time so there was no way.

Luckily I got out and landed a good job and made that dream a reality almost two years ago.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard about them and read a little write-up in a newspaper for them. Wound up seeing one a couple months later (Orange SCAB in 2010) in Guymon, OK and knew that it was absolutely the truck for me.