0 offset wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone wondering how much poke you’ll have with 0 offset rims. I have previously installed Eibach leveling springs. The tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers. At full steering lock it’s close to inside edge of fender liner, it could rub with much suspension compression. Definitely avoid 37’s with this offset.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0023.jpeg
    IMG_0023.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0024.jpeg
    IMG_0024.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 166

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Only need to avoid 37s on zero offset Gen 2s without a lift or not doing the pinch weld mod. I am on my 2nd set of zero offset 37s.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much lift do you have? My truck is sitting pretty much level, possible the front is 1/4 inch higher than the back, since I installed the Eibach springs. Are you running Trail Grappers? I’ve bought countless sets of them for my business vehicles, mostly 3/4-1 ton trucks, they are a little “ wobbly” on the hiway until you get a little tread worn off typically. I took the Raptor on my normal test circuit that contains a lot of curvy road, the back of the truck felt very”unplanted”. Is this due to the light spring rate of the leaf springs. I understand a Raptor is not a Porsche and is designed more for off-road use, but thought it would have road manner at least similar to a 4x4 Superduty. Should I look at Dever’s or Icon springs?

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much lift do you have? My truck is sitting pretty much level, possible the front is 1/4 inch higher than the back, since I installed the Eibach springs. Are you running Trail Grappers? I’ve bought countless sets of them for my business vehicles, mostly 3/4-1 ton trucks, they are a little “ wobbly” on the hiway until you get a little tread worn off typically. I took the Raptor on my normal test circuit that contains a lot of curvy road, the back of the truck felt very”unplanted”. Is this due to the light spring rate of the leaf springs. I understand a Raptor is not a Porsche and is designed more for off-road use, but thought it would have road manner at least similar to a 4x4 Superduty. Should I look at Dever’s or Icon springs?

Deavers will help settle the rear end down quite a bit. The performance from the stock leaf packs is a disservice to the rest of the truck.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deavers will help settle the rear end down quite a bit. The performance from the stock leaf packs is a disservice to the rest of the truck.
Ok, I know what I’ll do next then. I had two Ram/Cummins trucks with Carli front, Deaver rear set ups. I’ll need to do some investigation, I think I read on here Deavers delete the block in the back and start out as +2, which accounts for blockes. I’d like to get back a little rake, so maybe I need +3. I’m sure it’s covered here or on YouTube, thanks

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Geisers up front, Icon in the back. Currently running Falken Wildpeak A/T.
Gen 2 or Gen 3?
My wife has a Gen 3 with less than 600 miles on it. She’s mad now because her truck looks” wimpy” next to mine. 37’s on the stock offset might appease her, but guess I gotta figure out what that takes to pull it off….. didn’t have a card in the world until I got two Raptors

Jay513

Reaction score
Sig Fanboy,
Thanks for posting your truck. Looks great! Are those 17x9 or 17x8.5 on 35s? I pulled the trigger on 17x9 and concerned the extra 1/2 inch will stick out further. I will eventually replace stock tires with 35 x 12.5 and wonder if it will stick out significantly further with 17x9 wheels and 12.5 wide tires. If anyone could post a few pics or direct me to a thread that has 17x9 wheels with 12.5 tires, I'd appreciate it. I have not been able to find a good thread with 17x9 and 35 x 12.5. Thanks

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sig Fanboy,
Thanks for posting your truck. Looks great! Are those 17x9 or 17x8.5 on 35s? I pulled the trigger on 17x9 and concerned the extra 1/2 inch will stick out further. I will eventually replace stock tires with 35 x 12.5 and wonder if it will stick out significantly further with 17x9 wheels and 12.5 wide tires. If anyone could post a few pics or direct me to a thread that has 17x9 wheels with 12.5 tires, I'd appreciate it. I have not been able to find a good thread with 17x9 and 35 x 12.5. Thanks
They are 17x 8.5, same as stock( except offset). I really don’t think 1/2 inch is going to make much difference with the caveat that I’m unlikely to ever compress the suspension to its max capacity. But I do have Eibach leveling springs that raised the front 1.7-2 inches, since the shocks ( not struts, thank you Ford Tech) are the same size but springs are longer, I guess I can’t compress the suspension as far down as the stock springs would allow. In my opinion 0 offset provides the perfect stance, but you know what they say about opinions, and someone is gonna disagree, which is cool. It’s still kind of a free country.If I lived near a desert environment and could utilize the capabilities of the truck to its engineered design standards, possibly I’d have a different opinion.I’m old and have had many many modified trucks, back in the day you had about three choices of wheels and you got 4.5 in back spacing. Life was simple. Now the wheel choices are bewildering and the offset calculation requires an engineering degree.