Questions on the 2012 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taiten

Reaction score
So, am new to this forum. I am willing to get the 2012 raptor but before I do that, I have some questions to be answered by current owners.
1st: I heard some people saying that riding the raptor on roads feels like riding a Cadillac, is it true? Is it smooth on the streets or how does it feel?, I mean how does it feel over bumps, holes...etc. My use of the raptor will be for daily driving basically.
2nd: I live in a cold snowy place here in UP Michigan. So, during the winter they throw allot of salt on the roads, is there away I can keep the car free of corrosion? or what is the best to do to keep it rust-free from under-sides-everywhere? sorry for this but this is the first time I get a new car. I know ziebart has undercoating thing, if I do that, will it affect the body in anyways?
Please I need your experience and thoughts on this. Thanks for baring with me :)

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NO it drives nothing like a Cadillac! Don't get Zbart, I had mine sprayed with Krown Rust control.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. It rides very smooth for a truck. Especially a lifted one. I would not call it Cadillac smooth. It is nice and comfortable on the highway and fairly quiet for what it is.
2. I got the underside of my truck undercoated. We have lots of snow and salt up here in the mountains so that helps substantially. That being said I don't think you will have trouble with rust for quite some time. Ford and other companies have improved their coatings to help prevent rusting.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a pretty damn smooth ride, especially for a truck. Mine is my daily drive, and I love it. I find it extremely comfortable. I went to the Raptor from a Ram 2500 and there is no comparison. The Raptor feels like a car. A really tall, powerful car.

You are going to want mud flaps. Even in the driest weather mine manages to fling crap all over the sides of itself. They are on my immediate list of things to do.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine started rusting in many places after having it for only 3 days, lots of areas that dont even have primer from the factory!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the rear wheel opening inside very top middle, both sides. You can see where the robots spayed primer and missed two oval areas, they are bare metal and started rusting right away. Have a look I'm sure yours is no different then mine.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can you post a pic?

OK, Just took a picture, never posted a picture before so be patient.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

OK, Picture posted it went to page two

Last edited: