Rcv IWE eliminator kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SILVER

Reaction score
That's more like what I expected. Similar handling but front end components wearing out faster. When the wheel bearing went out did you have to replace the whole hub again? And move the IWE Eliminator ring to the new hub? How hard was it to go back to stock? What truck did you end up going with ? I already have the Howe power steering kit so that should help. I don't mind replacing the axles and cvs with RCV axles. But I don't want to keep replacing these hubs. @jager000

Last edited:

sportman

Reaction score
Pitures taken during installation the kit

Pitures taken during installation the kit

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 184

SILVER

Reaction score
Thanks @sportman was the install pretty easy for your tech? Looks like you need paddle tires for where you're at lol

Last edited:

jager000

Reaction score
That's more like what I expected. Similar handling but front end components wearing out faster. When the wheel bearing went out did you have to replace the whole hub again? And move the IWE Eliminator ring to the new hub? How hard was it to go back to stock? What truck did you end up going with ? I already have the Howe power steering kit so that should help. I don't mind replacing the axles and cvs with RCV axles. But I don't want to keep replacing these hubs. @jager000

I did not have to replace the hub with the wheel bearing. Going back to stock was just like replacing the hub. A pain in the ass, but nothing too crazy.

The Howe kit is well worth it.

I bought a new F-250 powerstroke. It's lifted, but it isn't going to do much off-roading. I have a Jeep for that, and it's more in line with the type of 4 wheeling I do anyway. Not a lot of high speed off-roading for me.

I was going to note that my install looked a bit different than sportsman's. I gutted the IWE and used it as a dust cover.

Lenny911

Reaction score
Hi i'm new in this forum and i'm from Switzerland, today i have the eliminator kit installed with a little modification to the original ive case, so the wheel bearing still protected from dust and water

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm new in this forum and i'm from Switzerland, today i have the eliminator kit installed with a little modification to the original ive case, so the wheel bearing still protected from dust and water
Pics or it didn't happen, Lenny.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Pics please.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never mind on the pics. I see what you guys did. Makes a lot of sense to use the old IWE as a dust cover.

I've got a suspicious noise coming from the front passenger side. Only audible with the window down at low speed with someone else driving, so not too bad yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion I know what it is. I have a set of silicone vacuum hoses I could install with the replacement....

... or I could just run the eliminators and be done with it.

Any updates from anyone? Eliminators still going strong?

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger side IWE let go at the start of a 1000 mile road trip. I pulled the vacuum line and finished the trip. After reading every thread on the IWE, I’m disappointed that ford handicapped the Raptor with this terrible system. I think I’ll be going the RCV elimination route. Should the truck drive any different than it does now with the vacuum lines disconnected? I was running at 90mph for brief periods on I-10 and didn’t experience any driveline vibes or additional noise. My truck is a 2013 with 35k, so extra wear isn’t a huge concern.