Need You all to do me a favor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just had my truck at the dealership to get some stuff looked at. One of the issues that was a concern to me was my rear shocks. They feel week as hell, and super soft. They took the shocks off the truck, did a visual and said after visible inspection they couldn't find anything wrong with them. Basically, when you bounce the rear of the truck, they feel like a cadillac from the 70's and they will take at least 3 rebound bounces before they settle.

What I would like for some of you guys to do is give the rear of your trucks a good bounce a few times and please let me know if they rebound up once and done. Or do they take 3 or so bounces like mine?

Personally, I think I've heated the shock oil up so much that its lost a good portion of its viscosity. I don't have leaky oil and when the shocks are off the truck and at full extension, they seem to have more than enough nitrogen in them.

Thanks.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same. 6'0" 220 lbs. SCREW w/ F1 BakFlip. Everything else is stock (suspension-wise).

I nailed some pretty rough speed bumps today thinking of this thread. I got a full rebound and then a very smooth settle back into riding position.

Absolutely nothing like what you described.

Check out some of our videos on this forum...people hitting stuff HARD offroad with very little bouncing around although there's something to be said about the Deavers for this truck suposedly...

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am 6' 4" and 210. I can get the rear of mine moving around pretty good, but it's TOUGH to keep the momentum going. If I get a bit of inertia going and then stop; it goes back to it's usual resting location within a second. No bouncy bouncy.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thanks guys, I'm going to change out the fluid this week and see what happens. I'll keep ya all posted.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6'8 320 lbs of solid man muscle
bounced my truck and both rear tires popped.
sorry no data to share

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5'8" and 155 lbs of impressive bureaucratic synapses.
Bounced my truck and the back end collapsed to the ground in hysterical laughter.
Sorry.

Actually I did the bounce test while standing on the rear bumper and got normal response - no bounce, rebound, rebound as you described. Inspect your seals when you're in your shocks. I seriously doubt that a hydrolic fluid change is the answer.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Ford "Build and Price" for the Raptor it showed different maximum payloads for the SCab (930 lbs) and SCrew (1,770 lbs). There might be some differences in how the bumper-bouncing dampens between the two models.