Hellwig Rear Sway Bar PN 7724

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So for a truck that mainly will only see the street would this be a good purchase? Are there any down sides to the sway bar? I saw in an earlier post the truck is now more bumpy over potholes. Has that been a problem at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a street truck, I would say that this is one of the better purchases you can make. My truck has been struggling to stay 100% since I installed this. Front coilovers went, then the rears, brake problems and upper control arms.

As you ca guess, all this made an impact on ride quality, but on the road I really saw a difference. Truck wanted to hook up much better, and pulling out in traffic the truck really felt like it was ready to go. Before, I could feel the back end lagging. Using my truck in rallycross and the other types of driving I do, the rear end livened up and rotates much better and controlled than before.

Downside? You will lose some flex and travel off-road, but a couple wrenches to undo one of the links will take less than 5 minutes and you will have all the travel you need.

Next to my Icon front coilovers, this sway bar has made the biggest impact over the stock set up.

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a street truck, I would say that this is one of the better purchases you can make. My truck has been struggling to stay 100% since I installed this. Front coilovers went, then the rears, brake problems and upper control arms.

As you ca guess, all this made an impact on ride quality, but on the road I really saw a difference. Truck wanted to hook up much better, and pulling out in traffic the truck really felt like it was ready to go. Before, I could feel the back end lagging. Using my truck in rallycross and the other types of driving I do, the rear end livened up and rotates much better and controlled than before.

Downside? You will lose some flex and travel off-road, but a couple wrenches to undo one of the links will take less than 5 minutes and you will have all the travel you need.

Next to my Icon front coilovers, this sway bar has made the biggest impact over the stock set up.

Do you think the sway bar in anyway had a part in the problems you had with your truck? I'm really interested in this but I don't want there to be any problems due to it down the road. Thank you.

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not this this had anything to do with the other problems. My truck has over 70,000 miles on it, and I have been "racing" it on weekends for a couple years. The miles and the racing had the biggest impact on the other issues.

If you are interested, PM me and I will see what kind of pricing I can get on it for you.

Do you think the sway bar in anyway had a part in the problems you had with your truck? I'm really interested in this but I don't want there to be any problems due to it down the road. Thank you.

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not this this had anything to do with the other problems. My truck has over 70,000 miles on it, and I have been "racing" it on weekends for a couple years. The miles and the racing had the biggest impact on the other issues.

If you are interested, PM me and I will see what kind of pricing I can get on it for you.

That's good to know, also how much worse was the ride quality?

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say it was a little stiffer, After driving for so long with it on now, I really can't remember what it used to be like, or if it got any worse, or is really any different

OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's great then, how difficult was it to install?

Under and hour. Did it without jacking the truck up. Only concern was some powder coat got into some of the threads on the parts, but an easy fix.

Make sure the truck is on level ground, set the sway bar so that it is horizontal, and adjust the links accordingly. You want the bar to be level with the truck at ride height. That is the only tip that was not obvious in the directions. I fed that info back to Hellwig, so they may have updated their instructions since.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just ordered mine for $274.99

Hopefully it will help the custom +2 Deavers I have, eliminate the wheel hop completely.
Otherwise the last resort is going to be full quick release traction bars.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed my sway bar today!

I going to have to call them because like MTUH3 said the instruction are very vague as to how there are suppose to line up.
Also MTUH3 has the U-clamp brackets in a different area then the way I installed them, I installed mine closer the springs were as MTUH3 has them next to the diff.
When I call them tomorrow I'll find out the answers.

I'm going to try them at the softest setting this week and see how I like it.

IMG_20141214_120616_740.jpg IMG_20141214_143159_758.jpg IMG_20141214_143208_941.jpg

IMG_20141214_143257_647.jpg IMG_20141214_145503_786.jpg Plenty of room for the new Diff cover!

Last edited: