Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone measured the compressed length of the 3.0 vs the 2.5? From the measurements given in the thread the Shock body is 1” longer on the 3.0. I’d be concerned about lose of bump travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogwash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna order a set of the rears and I'll do some measuring when it's warm.

I've got an extra set of gen1 fronts so I'll just run those to be cheap.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rears will be here today. I’ll install them next Tuesday at work and after my ride home on Wednesday morning I’ll try and give my feedback

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PHP:
i think i've seen the same guy on ig. Imma just do it and install when the weather gets warmer. Thanks to all the guys who bit the bullet and decided to be guinea pigs.

whats the guys instagram name?

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Alright so i have ordered some as well. Now, mine have collars on them so im gonna have some playing to do. Ill be installing them next week so ill keep yall updated as well.

I have also ordered some limiting straps.

I think what im going to try to do is top hats and springs from gen 1 onto the gen 2 shocks. Ill keep you updated on how this goes for me as well.

jpwrx2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PHP:

whats the guys instagram name?

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Alright so i have ordered some as well. Now, mine have collars on them so im gonna have some playing to do. Ill be installing them next week so ill keep yall updated as well.

I have also ordered some limiting straps.

I think what im going to try to do is top hats and springs from gen 1 onto the gen 2 shocks. Ill keep you updated on how this goes for me as well.

I used the gen 2 top hats but swapped the studs out of the gen 1 hats. My Gen 1s were pretty rough