front differential model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I recently broke the front differential housing in my 2011 raptor while i was offroading, i would like to know whats the front differential name or model to look for either a used housing or whats a good place to find one

Thanks,

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
It is a Ford 8.8. If I recall correctly, the housing is the same as the rest of the 4x4 F-150s, but the carrier and axles might be different (higher spline count and 4.10 gears).

How did you break it?

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I recently broke the front differential housing in my 2011 raptor while i was offroading, i would like to know whats the front differential name or model to look for either a used housing or whats a good place to find one

Thanks,

Sorry to hear this . Must be some story on how this happened ? Any Pics ?

OP
OP
D

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i broke it twice actually .. ..both times while i was offroading in the dunes with the 4x4 on..first time was on a small jump the front differential mounts broke so i welded in aluminum bushings instead and after 2 offroad trips the aluminum bushing broke when i accidently came too fast on a jump and landed hard, i will post pictures on sunday