Fox 3.0 shock rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone had their 3.0's (front or rear) rebuilt yet? The Fox manual states they should be rebuilt once a year, or after each serious offroading. I ran the truck at TRR and also at little Sahara, plus it has been 7 months since they were installed. I'm also seeing some slight seepage around the bottom of the rear shocks. So I'm thinking I should have them rebuilt. Is there a way to tell if they need rebuilt or not?

If you have rebuilt your shocks, where did you have it done, how long did it take, and do you have any other advice.

thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• PA070222.jpg
    PA070222.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 136
  • PA070223.jpg
    PA070223.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 134

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone had their 3.0's (front or rear) rebuilt yet? The Fox manual states they should be rebuilt once a year, or after each serious offroading. I ran the truck at TRR and also at little Sahara, plus it has been 7 months since they were installed. I'm also seeing some slight seepage around the bottom of the rear shocks. So I'm thinking I should have them rebuilt. Is there a way to tell if they need rebuilt or not?

If you have rebuilt your shocks, where did you have it done, how long did it take, and do you have any other advice.

thanks,
Joe

Joe,

I have seen some oil residue build up on the shock before and they were fine. Does the truck feel like it's driving different, if you take the shock off, can you push it down? They shouldn't need rebuilding anytime soon, you haven't had them on long enough, but if something is wrong and in need of rebuilding either we can do it, or Fox.

Let me know.

Jarrett

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck feels great. I still get good rebound on the bed of the truck. I was going by the maintenance manual and didn't want to get into a situation where I hurt them.

Good info to know. Thanks!!

Joe

nelson18matt

Reaction score
i actually just rebuilt and revalved my coilovers and bypasses yesterday. it's not hard, just takes some time and can be kind of messy. i've never opened them up since i bought them 2+ years ago. only 1 seal on my kings was actually bad and letting in dirt. all the seals on my icons were still good, but they oil was burned out though.

oh btw, i don't have a raptor... yet :D