Deavers didn't fix my axle hop. Just broke 2nd drive shaft:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What about a snail wrap or military wrap ?

I'm calling B.S. Jarret. I could NEVER imagine Corey even raising the tone of his voice. Now as for a 20 minute mathmatical, charts, and such that's just normal Corey talk. :baby:

Lol,

Very true. Raising his voice never, giving you the look of death, priceless:waytogo:

I call ya tomorrow Scott, Lots to go over.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could you imagine if Corey and I got into it? Its be a mess of flying postulates, theories, formulas and references, with the occasional "Yeah but have you actually tested it?!?" thrown in. Would be ugly...

:D

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(Don't mean to derail, but...) A while back, there was a moment at lunch after having just met with Wavetrac. We got into a fairly lively debate on what, exactly, a "clutch" is from mechanical and automotive engineering perspectives.

We were asked to leave and as the door closed behind us I'm pretty sure I heard screams as a few people tried to rip their own ears off. :crazy:

Reaction score
call Jeff @ deaver, who ever sold you those springs and told you they would fix the axle hop was VERY wrong,
sounds like you need a custom made spring pack., and I hate to say but maybe some sort of traction bar, not a standard bolt on one, but something custom made, so that your wheel travel does not get limited.

sodrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think part of the problem may be your driveshafts, obviously the stock aluminum one wasn't designed to handle that much power, and carbon is prone to cracking under high stress (not good driveshaft material) you need to look into getting a stronger driveshaft made out of at least .188 wall or thicker DOM (seamless) or better yet 4130...
light driveshafts may be good for drag racing but not offroad....

also you should be running at least 4.56 gearing..........
i run 4.88's w/ 37's

Last edited:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
i think part of the problem may be your driveshafts, obviously the stock aluminum one wasn't designed to handle that much power, and carbon is prone to cracking under high stress (not good driveshaft material) you need to look into getting a stronger driveshaft made out of at least .188 wall or thicker DOM (seamless) or better yet 4130...
light driveshafts may be good for drag racing but not offroad....

also you should be running at least 4.56 gearing..........
i run 4.88's w/ 37's

I agree with the 4.56 or 4.88 gears, but that will give the torque back and really break some driveshafts with a stronger drive shaft next is tearing up ring n pinion or axle shaft splines

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a supercharged 6.2 with headers and a Hennessy tune. I'm running the +2 deavers with 37" nitro mud tires. I broke the stock drive shaft so I replaced it with a Custom carbon fiber drive shaft from pstds. Just broke that one last night. I'll be calling outlaw first thing in the morning to see if they can come up with a solution for me. I would really like to pin the throttle off the start without breaking the truck. What good is 600hp when you can't use it? I thought I should post on here to see if anyone on here had any ideas on how permanently get rid of the wheel hop. Traction bars are the obvious fix but I'm really not interested in losing travel. There has got to be a better way to keep that damn rear end from twisting.

Which SC is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter