can someone explain camburg springs to me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a raptor, but the owner replaced the front A arms and in the process put on camburg springs? I know nothing about this and am coming here to get some advice from you guys. He claims it still has the original 2.5 front shocks on with just a different spring, however from the pics it doesn't look like the original set up at all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 5.20.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 5.20.26 PM.png
    522.6 KB · Views: 186
D

Deleted member 12951

Nothing wrong with the camburg UCA with grease zerk. I believe your caster alignment specs will be higher than stock spec which isn't a bad thing. Might want to ask him.

Are the coilover springs actually camburg or Geisers? A lot of folks replace the stock with aftermarket to give a higher ride in the front without having to do a mid-perch and better offroad performance.

If he still has the stock UCA and coilover, just ask for those as part of the deal if you ever want to switch. If not there probably is raptor shops that have that lying around wanting to get rid of for a small price, try TMX.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rick is right. Those are camburg upper control arms and Geiser progressive rate springs. Do a search, there is tons of feebdack about them on the forum.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Generally, no. For a mostly stock truck they really aren't going to do much.

I got mine with heim joints so that, with a slot delete kit, front end alignment can't be knocked out of wack when off roading.

NC Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on the color and markings of those springs they are definitely Geisers... not to mention no one else, at least to my knowledge, makes springs for the 2.5s. I have Geisers on my truck and I really like them as they allow me to have that leveled look while still maintaining a great ride both on and off road... If anything I wouldn't worry so much about the springs as the condition of that shock that's caked in dirt...

Also, as others have said, the main purpose of UCAs is alignment adjustability and maintainability... additionally, they do look pretty damn cool :crazy:

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They appear to be Geiser springs as others have mentioned. I don't think Geiser is making those springs anymore...at least to my knowledge. Nothing wrong with Camburg uniball UCA's. These are there 1.25" uniball model. One thing that is kinda funky is that cap. Camburg doesn't make a uniball cap like that and appears this one is welded to the arm...? If it is, you won't be able to remove the uniball when it wears out as they press out through the top.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good to me. Geiger Springs for sure. And absolutely they are still being made. Just installed a set last weekend and ordered another set this week. I believe that cap is not welded on. Seems like I read somewhere that they have a cap that 'snaps' on (maybe pressed on). Those Geiser springs are a great addition to the 2.5's.

I would take the truck somewhere and wash it real good. Especially spend some time on the front shocks. Then inspect them to see if they are leaking oil anywhere. Take it on a road that has some humps in it and see if there is any 'floating' going on. This might indicate that the shocks are needing rebuilt, which in itself isn't a big deal. Just something to look for.

Great suggestion above to get the stock UCA's and spring if they are available. If not, no big deal.....

Oh, and to explain the Geiser Springs (your original request - lol). They are a bit longer than the stock springs which will raise the front end about an inch and a half. They are more progressive than the stockers. This means that as they compress, they will become stiffer. This allows you to offroad with more confidence of not bottoming out at full compression. They are nice and smooth at normal ride and stiff when working the truck out making it more stable.

Last edited:

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good to me. Geiger Springs for sure. And absolutely they are still being made. Just installed a set last weekend and ordered another set this week. I believe that cap is not welded on. Seems like I read somewhere that they have a cap that 'snaps' on (maybe pressed on). Those Geiser springs are a great addition to the 2.5's.

I would take the truck somewhere and wash it real good. Especially spend some time on the front shocks. Then inspect them to see if they are leaking oil anywhere. Take it on a road that has some humps in it and see if there is any 'floating' going on. This might indicate that the shocks are needing rebuilt, which in itself isn't a big deal. Just something to look for.

Great suggestion above to get the stock UCA's and spring if they are available. If not, no big deal.....

Oh, and to explain the Geiser Springs (your original request - lol). They are a bit longer than the stock springs which will raise the front end about an inch and a half. They are more progressive than the stockers. This means that as they compress, they will become stiffer. This allows you to offroad with more confidence of not bottoming out at full compression. They are nice and smooth at normal ride and stiff when working the truck out making it more stable.

This is what a Camburg cap looks like.

p-21712-BJ_cap31-480x480.jpg

They do not make a cap for uniball upper arms. Only ball joint arms.