2" leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently attempted to do the mid perch mod. After I had trouble, I sent it over to a local offroad vehicle shop. They informed me that the retaining pin which holds the collar is seized up due to the road salt, grime, and what not. The only way to fix it would be to drill it out. Knowing how much of a risk this is, I just held off on it. Until I found this 2" leveling kit. Has anyone used this before and any comments?

2010-2011 F150 SVT Raptor 2" Leveling Kit | Readylift 66-2055 | SoCal SuperTrucks

OP
OP
cubiefan101

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres 30,000 miles on them. The shop I was talking to said that drilling them could take a while because theyre going to need to take there time with it.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I've had the Daystar 2" leveling kit on my truck for the past 2.5 years and have not had any issues.
Some have had problems with these kits but I've jumped mine a lot and it's still ticking.
The only thing I really hated doing was cutting the top bolts of the shocks.
My CV shafts are still great and I've taken one apart to replace the boot because a sharp rock at HAVOC put a tiny little cut in it and started to shoot grease everywhere.

Last edited:

sb127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the little set screw in the blue collar. You don't even need to put that back in once you adjust to mid perch. I'd just drill it...or maybe try a screw extractor. There is no real risk here.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that the reason its there is for assembly purposes only. Making sure the blue ring stay inplace before its assembled.

Reaction score
Just remember that while adjusting to the mid-perch of the shock is relatively easy and inexpensive, you are only looking to get about a 1.5" lift on the Raptor's front end, and you will end up with a stiffer ride overall, because you are compressing the spring and increasing the spring rate. By installing the ReadyLIFT 2" leveling kit or the T6 Billet kit you can receive a 2" lift in the front while maintaining factory ride as the extension goes above the strut. You could achieve a better ride, and lift with the leveling kit rather than making the mid-perch alone. Also, you would definitely want to stay away from trying to combine these two modifications as it would bind up your cv's. More info at: www.readylift.com