6.2 Goodbye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've debated this around and around since the 2015 F-150 reveal.

I would put my money on there being a 6.2 option, if not the only engine offered, for the Raptor gen 2. Ford still puts the 6.2 into the Super Duty, and like was mentioned earlier, they're going to be making marine versions too. I think turbo heat soak and environmental issues (dust) are probably going make SVT really, really reluctant to put a turbo engine in the Raptor.

Now, here's hoping they give us a Raptor-specific 6.2 with upgraded 4 valve heads, DOHC, valve timing, direct injection, maybe even an aluminum block.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I would put my money on there being a 6.2 option, if not the only engine offered, for the Raptor gen 2. Ford still puts the 6.2 into the Super Duty, and like was mentioned earlier, they're going to be making marine versions too. I think turbo heat soak and environmental issues (dust) are probably going make SVT really, really reluctant to put a turbo engine in the Raptor.

Now, here's hoping they give us a Raptor-specific 6.2 with upgraded 4 valve heads, DOHC, valve timing, direct injection, maybe even an aluminum block.

Running on ethanol

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was the 6.2L in the F-150 engine lineup when the, new at the time, redesigned 2009 F-150 was introduced?

... didn't think so!

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree, it would be a problem if the 6.2 L were out of production but as long as it remains the base engine in the SD series it will still be available for the Raptor if Ford wants it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's already rumors about Ford doing away with all gasoline V8's.

Everything is going 4 & 6 cylinder Ecco Boost.
The only V8's will be diesel like there new more powerful 6.7L

Just rumors no quoting. LOL

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score