2013 Raptor on Jalopnik

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mogo

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awful article. But Reptar should LOVE it.

original.jpg

Agree.

"It's got the most imposing front end out there, with the ********* grille and big hood scoops."

Then later:

"she loved it and said it was the coolest thing in the world. She even suggested it to her friend looking to replace her Suburban – "

But then the author says:

"It does look like the biggest douchemobile and the fact they're friggin' everywhere in Malibu doesn't really help its case. So many people probably expected me to be wearing a Giants hat and a deep V-neck, which is why I felt kind of smug blasting the thing through Malibu listening to Passion Pit and wearing a Ben Sherman button-down."

Man card revoked. **** of that truck.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah some stuff is really a stretch at what he's griping at, other things are valid points. I do like the "Reptar" name though :D lol

-Speedo too small to read because the digital screen takes up too much space? give me a friggin break, wtf do you want a mini cooper with a 12" speedometer in front of you? The raptors speedo is no smaller than most vehicles, and the 4.2" productivity screen has all kinds of great features to be able to view.

-The nav comment was square on. I hate I can't type addresses while moving. I can have my frigging passenger do it, why can't I? There's so many more other dangerous things to distract me, like cursing and yelling at the sync voice when it doesn't understand my f'ing prompts for street addresses lol

-The shocks feel like pogo sticks and offramps have to be taken at a snails pace? He's definitely coming from a bmw or something and not giving it a comparison to other trucks. That was one thing I was concerned about when I bought mine, but really it handles EXTREMELY well even on off ramps with such a wide stance. Snails pace, what a pu55y lol

The comment about the interior is dead on though. I sat in a non-blue accent interior (base interior package) at the auto show last week in a 2013 Raptor. I didn't realize how many upgrades to the interior the blue accent interior package does. The base interior has cheap plastic chrome on the shifter and a few other places, mine is a metallic silver. The base interior just has silver plastic on the dash, mine has brushed aluminum. The base interior just has plain plastic dash vents, mine are a metallic dark gray. And the black stiched seats just look boring compared to the blue threads and blue raptor embroidery on the seat back. Not to mention the blue accent pieces themselves.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
The base also has silver speaker grates, that was surprising to me, I thought everyones were black. We are super happy with our blue accents.
And I didn't read the article because the guy sounds like a moron, and I already know how the raptor puts a smile on my face.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just find it funny that he thinks 'Passion Pit' and some name brand shirt somehow makes him not a *********.

Who the hell reviews an OFFROAD vehicle in the streets of Malibu, CA when you're that close to the desert? A *********. Case closed.