? for you LED lighting experts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 4 Ecco EW2304 lights they are 2 10W led bulbs rated for 1.2A 1250 lumen. I been looking at Rigid Dually lights they are 4 4W led bulbs rated at 1.1A 1568 lumen. Just wondering how 2 10W bulbs put out less light then 4 4 W bulbs. If somebody can explain this to me.

Attachments

• files-productfiles-prod_ew2303_ecco_8.5x11 (4) (1).jpg
    files-productfiles-prod_ew2303_ecco_8.5x11 (4) (1).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 85
  • Rigid Dually spec36.jpg
    Rigid Dually spec36.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Rigid Dually spec3_Page_2.jpg
    Rigid Dually spec3_Page_2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2 Reasons:

1. The LED Chip they are using isn't the same quality or bin as Rigid
2. A combination of the heatsink, the reflector, and the percentage they are able to run that LED at isn't the same as Rigid.

A lot of these factors bunched together is why that lumen output is lower than the Rigids. Hope this helps!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LED's are rather technically advanced now. Its not the same as what most think. Most have complex driver boards to power the LED's. As they get better with them they are able to drive them harder. Also many LED units are now PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) so the LED is actually flashing at a very high frequency but your eyes are not able to distinguish the flashes. Some cameras will pick up on it, they do this to be able to keep the units bright but use less power which is less heat to dissipate

If you look at most High Power LEDs now the units have heatsinks attached directly to the LED to dissipate that heat. Most LED failures are due to heat.

georgesr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about efficiency, smaller LED lights are more efficient so they can get closer to maximum output, as you get bigger on the wattage you start to drop off on the efficiency, like alternateoffroad said. So put more of the smaller LEDs together to better lighting makes sense.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI- Rigid lights quality is not what I would expect out of such an expensive light. My company needed lights for a non vehicle use and these lights fit the bill. The use was indoor of a factory that never exceeds 100f and is static mounted with no vibrations. The use though is 24/7. Well after a couple of months the rigid started failing. We took them to the lab and opened them up and discovered there was no thermal grease between the boards and the heatsinks and noticed that the lens had started to distort. We put some brand new ones in a thermal chamber at 100f and after a day the lights already went into thermal protection dimming the output. We did the same with a set of KC lights and they did not fail after 3 months and did not dim. Opened the KC up and they did contain thermal grease along with desiccant. We also noted the lens were much heavy in weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter